During this CB period, thinking / planning of upgrading my existing setup.
Been doing some reading & watching videos of red sea reefers series , specifically 170 which is the size i would be comfortable.
Even after lot of searching i couldn't find much discussion of the pro & cons of this system.
From what i have seen, i could list of a few. All of you may not agree on this , since its all a matter of personal preference.
1) ultra-clear glass makes the tank look very neat
2) Cabinet looks well made.
3) Down flow plumbing has emergency overflow, avoids flooding
1) Overflow is located at the center black which takes up space. Specially when its a small 2 ft system, where these isn't a lot of space. It doesn't look very deep in pictures & videos .maybe 2-3 inches only.I have seen some systems where the overflows are at the corner, which does save up some space.
2) Cabinet is laminated plywood & not actual wood, which may have shorter lifespan. I have read of reefers putting sealant between the laminate so that moisture & salt doesn't get in.
3) Down flow has a regulator knob, which i have read is hard to adjust. Unlike Durso overflow system, regulator type system might have possibility of clogging.
Hope you can add more pros & cons based of what you have seen or experienced in such systems.
Would help me & everyone else greatly in having better understanding.
I am just giving my own personal opinion & not trying to promote or criticize our sponsors.