Maxspect R420R LED Lighting 160w 16K

klim

R420 16K has been on my first mixed Tank(3 X 1.5 X 2), got some fishes, LPS with SPS Frags,

Algae and cyno bloomed when I used the presets.

Been setting it down to no more than 80% for a week now.

Algae and cyno clearing up, did a big time clean up.

Some of the SPS Frag bleached out, while a few SPS with brown algae on tips.

Also clearing up, been cleaning it with a soft tooth brush.

I just got another Razor 420 10k for my 4 ft X 1.5 X 2.

This is more of a FOWLER Tank with soft corals, trying to be careful not to have another Algae Bloom.

Appreciate your advise on ideal settings for both Tanks.

My tank is like yours with more on SPS. I use my own settings for both sets. 100% for about 6hrs, the rest gradual ramp up/down.

My personnel take on this fitting is great because all my sps/lps growth, colouration are good. My previous DIY LED with blues/whites can only support a few types of SPS such as birdnest, valida, monti, but millis, pocci, luminous birdnest, rics and other difficult sps can't survive. After a few months of using 420R 16K, my new millis, BN, all types of monti, are doing great.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

Thank You Bros for feedback and advise. I will start with max of 70% and ramp it up slowly.

See if the algae comes back.

Will someone share his opinion:

currently using 16K for Mixed Reef Tank and 10K on my Fowler with some softies,

Should I swop them???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My personal experiences and just a share of infor when if your lights need future product support.

I bought a G2 230W and a lens cover last 2yrs ago. It was over white colour when full blast with 4 group (3w semi-led/30w cree) when lighting up my sps mostly turns brown colour till today. I decided to purchase lots of 3w blue and violets to replace the 3w white semi-led last year and reduce the time for cree 30w x 4 white, timer was replace once b4 after 2mths due to timer control went out of control. This yr i came to know that DE-lighting having a promotion trade in the G2 and top up few hundreds and get the Razor. I was told by DE-lighting that i could add in red, green, pink for G2 etc for more colours, i did place order for the add on colours and DE claimed he will. I did a self calculation and decided to stick to G2 and a last try again to see if it helps.

1) 3 x sms follow-up of asking when the other colours 3w could arrive? But no reply from DE sms (1mth), if called hp personally, DE claim i will call you later but again NO SOUND.

2) After 3 x of follow ups for the past 1.5mths of no reply from sms, i decide to go down personally to DE and DE claimed that think last time sold out those blues and violet and if i recalled thats all i have. I will order for you.

3) After 3wks again to chk for arrival, called up DE. DE said i call you back later. But no sound from DE.

My conclusions of sharing my personal experiences are wheather LED works or doesn't works (whatever brands) for your sps and you spend a thousand $, No product support for old models when new advanced models keeps promoting. No interest in doing business on small little back up things if you need (a 2yr old product) while only interest the latest models. Supplier does'nt come clean, DE just doesn't want to say i no longer support G2... Eg. LED mentioned lifespan estimate 4yr/5yrs whatever brands or how advanced models keeps coming into the mkt, are you still able to get product support if in between less than 5yrs if you need spare parts ???

My personal experiences and just a share of infor when if your lights need future product support.

I bought a G2 230W and a lens cover last 2yrs ago. It was over white colour when full blast with 4 group (3w semi-led/30w cree) when lighting up my sps mostly turns brown colour till today. I decided to purchase lots of 3w blue and violets to replace the 3w white semi-led last year and reduce the time for cree 30w x 4 white, timer was replace once b4 after 2mths due to timer control went out of control. This yr i came to know that DE-lighting having a promotion trade in the G2 and top up few hundreds and get the Razor. I was told by DE-lighting that i could add in red, green, pink for G2 etc for more colours, i did place order for the add on colours and DE claimed he will. I did a self calculation and decided to stick to G2 and a last try again to see if it helps.

1) 3 x sms follow-up of asking when the other colours 3w could arrive? But no reply from DE sms (1mth), if called hp personally, DE claim i will call you later but again NO SOUND.

2) After 3 x of follow ups for the past 1.5mths of no reply from sms, i decide to go down personally to DE and DE claimed that think last time sold out those blues and violet and if i recalled thats all i have. I will order for you.

3) After 3wks again to chk for arrival, called up DE. DE said i call you back later. But no sound from DE.

My conclusions of sharing my personal experiences are wheather LED works or doesn't works (whatever brands) for your sps and you spend a thousand $, No product support for old models when new advanced models keeps promoting. No interest in doing business on small little back up things if you need (a 2yr old product) while only interest the latest models. Supplier does'nt come clean, DE just doesn't want to say i no longer support G2... Eg. LED mentioned lifespan estimate 4yr/5yrs whatever brands or how advanced models keeps coming into the mkt, are you still able to get product support if in between less than 5yrs if you need spare parts ???

had a rather similar experience, i understand how you feel.

but guess this is a capitalistic world and perhaps this is how the world generally revolves.

have a good night

• SRC Member

If I'm not wrong, the led maker made the claim that the led can last up to 50000hr but real world usage is different. My G2 also is in similar situation but DE has an exchange programme on Maxspect product. I traded and upgraded mine already to the Mazarra P module. I even purchased the Maxspect Razor after doing a trade in and upgrade ( had 2 G2 for my tank. ). You might need to order the led yourself if you really need to replace the led. What made me choose to get the new led set was that after using the G2 for 2 years, there are limitation on what it can do, so I went with the new led set from Maxspect.

• SRC Member
If I'm not wrong, the led maker made the claim that the led can last up to 50000hr but real world usage is different. My G2 also is in similar situation but DE has an exchange programme on Maxspect product. I traded and upgraded mine already to the Mazarra P module. I even purchased the Maxspect Razor after doing a trade in and upgrade ( had 2 G2 for my tank. ). You might need to order the led yourself if you really need to replace the led. What made me choose to get the new led set was that after using the G2 for 2 years, there are limitation on what it can do, so I went with the new led set from Maxspect.
Bro is r420r good for sps 4ft?

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Thanks for the reply bro.. 100% for both seems too much for lps.. Haha.. And color seems white/slight yellowish to my eye.. I'm using 70% white 100% blue.. But still feel that can't bring out the "glowing" effect

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

I've also switched to the Razor series. Gotten 2 set of the 120w for my 4x2x2.5 ft mixed reef tank. Juz sharing with those who are using the Razor too... u all can try this to simulate a dusk till dawn effect including partial moon lite.

1) T1 @ 0000hrs, Chan A (White) @ 0% , Chan B (Blue) @ 1%

2) T2 @ 0300hrs, Chan A and B @ 0%

3) T3 @ 1200hrs, Chan A and B @ 0%

4) T4 @ 1500hrs, Chan A and B @ 45%

5) T5 @ 1800hrs, Chan A and B @ 75%

6) T6 @ 2200hrs, Chan A@ 10%, Chan B @ 50%

With the above settings, I do see that certain bio-luminescence on corals and fishes can be observed throughout this photo-period. I felt that if running the LEDs at 100%, the electronics are being driven at max and temp can be rather hot. On the long run, might not be idea for the whole light set. Actually it'll do some good to the Razor controller if micro fans can be installed for better heat dissipation beside the nicely designed housing.

• SRC Member

I am using the 10K version but this thread states 16K. Basically the same. Only different is the light very whiteish due to 2 more cool daylight LED. 16K 2 more blues.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

Yes. They re powerful compared to G2. Bleach some of my SPS when i started using them, after a week. Should have heed the advice from the other forum. :P Immediately tuned down to 60% for both channel. Now slowly increase the intensity. Currently 70%, over a month. My SPS also starts to recover. Like to find out how many of u here bros & Sis not using full power and intend to stay that way. Example: stop at 80%, 90% or 95%. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2