Queen Angel Fish

serravorte

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Queens are too ex to try leh.. kaka

Queen angel actually belong to the more hardy group of angel. If u are able to keep other kind of angel, this should not be a problem for u leh. Must upgrade your ls mah. If u want can get slightly bigger one, they are not as delicate as the baby ones. In this hobby if dont dare to try very boring leh. like dat cannot keep nice fishes . lol

tEc' timestamp='1357715695' post='1083976']

Queen angel actually belong to the more hardy group of angel. If u are able to keep other kind of angel, this should not be a problem for u leh. Must upgrade your ls mah. If u want can get slightly bigger one, they are not as delicate as the baby ones. In this hobby if dont dare to try very boring leh. like dat cannot keep nice fishes . lol

Haha. True Bro. If yr 2 queens start to fight and u wanna let go one at give away price pls call me first ok. The queen should be already well acclimate by you liow for a newbie like me to take over..

• SRC Member

This is my caribbean queen grow from 1.5" juv till 7" ... its yellowish during 1.5" but turn blueish after sub-adult ... caribbean do have nice queen ...

DSC_0424_zpsc365ad80.jpg

very nice Queen. Your water perimeters must be good to make your queen so blue. :bow:

tEc' timestamp='1357838872' post='1084277']

very nice Queen. Your water perimeters must be good to make your queen so blue. :bow:

yes i agree tat keeping angel fish in reef tank will have nice coloration compare to FOT bcos of parameter are close to natural sea water especially temperature and salinity ... my queen grow in my sps tank ...

• SRC Member

yes i agree tat keeping angel fish in reef tank will have nice coloration compare to FOT bcos of parameter are close to natural sea water especially temperature and salinity ... my queen grow in my sps tank ...

Can share what food u using for your queen? Any special diet?

tEc' timestamp='1357866081' post='1084299']

Can share what food u using for your queen? Any special diet?

nothing special i only feed spectrum pellet ... b4 tat have mix many types of food but found tat spectrum alone is good enough ...

• SRC Member

nothing special i only feed spectrum pellet ... b4 tat have mix many types of food but found tat spectrum alone is good enough ...

Thank u, i am using spectrum pellet too. hopefully my carribean will turn out like yours too

• 3 weeks later...

The blue on queen angels are known to fade in captivity although Belize queens are believed to hold their blue better.

When i had my 5ft tank i kept a huge 14" (excluding streamers length) carribbean queen angel which i bought because of its mesmerizing blue. So carribbean queens can also be as blue as the Belize ones.

Here is one extreme blue queen from the usual carribean collection point, florida. An old fish in Japan but dont think the blue held throughout its captivity.

post-10328-0-94458200-1359213762_thumb.j

Digiman pls share your 14" beauty photo here leh. Was yours able to hold the blue?

Sadly i do not have any pics of the fish and that was many years back.

I kept it for only a few weeks before returning it to the LFS. The fish was too big for my 5 by 2 tank. Width of tank is the problem, it could not turn properly and it will be very sad for the fish if i keep it any longer.

As i did not keep the fish for long so i cant comment if it was able to hold the blue. But when i got the fish it was very blue, almost as blue as the piece u posted in the youtube video above.

Although my preference is a blue queen, the yellow queen (mostly from brazil) is also not easy to find, in fact it is harder to find!

Shown here is a very yellow queen.

I think Bigbird or someone else here kept a Brazilian yellow queen as bright as the fish above. So if u see this thread pls update us with some pics!

Here is a famous aberrant juvenile in extreme yellow coloration with very little blue, acquired by BBox last year. This fish came in through their carribbean shipment.

This fish is so rare because the aberration happens at such a young age which is very unusual as aberrations are usually found on large adult fishes like the st paul queens.

It will be very interesting to see how the color of the fish progresses in captivity.

• 5 weeks later...

Due to some evil poisoning from a bro here, I fell in love with the Queen Angel. But dare not jump straight to the most expensive Bezile ones. So Finally I bought the cheaper ones from Brazil known to be more Yellow.

The first Pic is my Queen when I first got it in my tank after acclimatisation. Still Kinda Yellow.

2nd Pic is taken after few weeks after the Queen has stabalized and started feeding. Also it has already claim territory from my Emperor Angel.. haha.. Getting more Blue. I hope the it holds it's Blue as most say Brazil Queens will not hold it's blue well in captivity.

post-22111-0-70029300-1362032015_thumb.j

post-22111-0-64274600-1362032319_thumb.j