Sun Coral fans

minez

Care to share your regime on taking care of them?

1. Target feeding each polyps?

2. How many times per week?

3. What do you feed, beside mysis?

4. Feed in tank or out tank?

1. Target feeding each polyps? No. I just pour it in the tank

2. How many times per week? Twice a week (and it open all day) :yahoo:

3. What do you feed, beside mysis? Plankton and blended shrimp

4. Feed in tank or out tank? Feed in the tank

The problem with sun corals is that when we get them they are already starving and the process to get them to open in very long one around 1 month and it take up 30 mins to 1 hour... You will need to remove them everyday and put them into a bucket where you will dump food in and wait for them to open and feed them and this must be done in the same time so that they will get used to the timing... This is one way if your sun coral is big.. If it is small, place it in a open space in your tank, place a coke bottle that is cut into half and cover the sun coral with it and pump in the mysis into the enclosed sun coral.. Best do it when the light in dimmer or at night, This will encourage them to open readily.. Slowly they will start to open when they "smell" the mysis and slowly, they will start to open daily.. Success rate varies, it all depend on the specimen that you got from the LFS.. Get one that is still full of meat at the coralites and not receded without any flesh..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Bro meaning its ok to take them out from tank and feed them? Wouldn't it stress them?

Cos I tried this method and it totally refuse to open at all. I mix mysis and brine shrimp into a pail for almost 1hour with water draw from tank and a air pump.

I guess I got one that's not in good condition

You can try to put them on medium to strong current too :)

My tank is small and its quite pack inside now will have to find a place to relocate them haha but but....

This is what I'm doing to it now lol in a small plastic tank with cloth to provide them shade and throw in half cube of mysis. At least every one of them can eat in peace no competitor

post-21665-13506616596373_thumb.jpg

My tank is small and its quite pack inside now will have to find a place to relocate them haha but but....

This is what I'm doing to it now lol in a small plastic tank with cloth to provide them shade and throw in half cube of mysis. At least every one of them can eat in peace no competitor

post-21665-13506616596373_thumb.jpg

They are opening now... You just need to continue doing this and wait for them to slowly open up.. once they are used and fully open even during feeding you can stop..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Yes bro it's encouraging to see 1 little head remain open since last night after I put them back into the tank after about 1.5hour of feeding and it still remain open until now. Hope to see the rest of them doing the same.

I intent to feed them out of tank every night but will I be over feeding them?