Zebra Catalina Goby

serravorte

• SRC Member

mine is at 25C which is doing fine... i wouldnt push it to beyond 26... it still living healthly in my tank...

just that i will see it once every week only as they are really small...

Plus for nano thats able to keep at 25C

hope it helps.. :D

Thanks for info. Just bought one today. Seller convinced me that a local hobbyist has managed to keep one for one & a half year before it perished from rescaping. My nano-tank relied on a 24-hour fan to keep cool. As it is a deep vertical tank, the water feels cold to the touch. Gut feeling is that it is probably in the range of 25-26 degree celsius. Well, will see how the fish adapt.

• SRC Member

Interesting to see reefers avoiding the rare opportunity of keeping the exotic Catalina Gobies due to its stringent requirement for cooler water temp which I beg to differ.

In fact, I have successfully kept a Catalina Goby alive for more than a year in the standard temp range of 26-27C. Even more interesting to note that the LFS which I bought the fish from was housing the Catalina in a non-chilled partition tank compartment for weeks.

You can read & viewed moi CATALINA beauty from my past weblink here:

Hope the above assurance helps. Happy Reefing !!!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...