clownfish laid eggs

After 1.5 years finally my clownfish paired and laid eggs on a rock behind an anemone. i read around that once they hatch it will become fish food if i leave it in the tank. how come in the wild they are able to survive since no speacial care is given? anyone with experience leaving the eggs in the tank and managed to keep some babies alive?

The parents at time eat the eggs...in the wild, so much of hide out area and normally its is all boundaries......best remove the babies and keep them seperately in another tank....u have to now ask what will u feed the babies.....

Have respect for others...,listen....share and value experience..............

After 1.5 years finally my clownfish paired and laid eggs on a rock behind an anemone. i read around that once they hatch it will become fish food if i leave it in the tank. how come in the wild they are able to survive since no speacial care is given? anyone with experience leaving the eggs in the tank and managed to keep some babies alive?

My pair of black ocellaris spawn every few week; most becomes food for corals, fishes, skimmer and also mechanical filtration.

In order to have some survival, you may need to siphon some out when they hatch into a separate tank (8-10 days). If the eggs are adhered to a small rock than you can remove, you can remove them just hours before they hatch. Do not remove too soon as the eggs needs cleaning from the parents.

I could not remove mine as they spawn on the glass at the back of my tank. And never have time to wait for them to hatch with all pumps and wavemakers off to siphon the fries. Hope you will have fun doing so.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/2/fish

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

My pair of black ocellaris spawn every few week; most becomes food for corals, fishes, skimmer and also mechanical filtration.

In order to have some survival, you may need to siphon some out when they hatch into a separate tank (8-10 days). If the eggs are adhered to a small rock than you can remove, you can remove them just hours before they hatch. Do not remove too soon as the eggs needs cleaning from the parents.

I could not remove mine as they spawn on the glass at the back of my tank. And never have time to wait for them to hatch with all pumps and wavemakers off to siphon the fries. Hope you will have fun doing so.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/2/fish

Let me know if you wan remove ur glass. I will be glad to help. Hehe..

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• 2 weeks later...