Nano Competition (cont't)

• SRC TOTQ Winner

This is the 2nd day. All livestocks are conditioned and ready for judging which will take place tomorrow. 1 of the tanks was cloudy when I arrive. Hope it will clear by tomorrow. Due to the rain, we had a few electric shocks from touching the power strips.

Here are the FTS of the 10 tanks.

Do share your experience and your thoughts about taking part in this competition. I'm sure it's a learning journey you'll remember for the rest of your reefing life :).

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

All the best to all the competitors.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC TOTQ Winner

1st: peong (tank 5)

2nd: mini-reefer (tank 1)

3rd: ryanlio (tank 7)

Congrats to the winners and a pat on the back to all participants for putting in the effort in taking part in this nano tank competition.

Member of:

• SRC Member
1st: peong (tank 5)

2nd: mini-reefer (tank 1)

3rd: ryanlio (tank 7)

Congrats to the winners and a pat on the back to all participants for putting in the effort in taking part in this nano tank competition.

Congrats!!

Congrats to all the winners.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

• SRC Member

Really thanks to all.. its been a wonderful experience. Good to share all the comments and experience with all the reefers who came down support us. Especially our great supporter starfish123 who came down everyday, as a reward he and his younger bro got the lucky draw. Clap clap!

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

Really thanks to all.. its been a wonderful experience. Good to share all the comments and experience with all the reefers who came down support us. Especially our great supporter starfish123 who came down everyday, as a reward he and his younger bro got the lucky draw. Clap clap!

Lucky kid, won 2 of the 4 prizes available. Congrats to all again!!

Congratulations to all who have particpated in this competition. This is defintely been one of the best event in the histroy of MASS.

I believe all of us has benefited from this competition both from the actual st-up and all through the valueable sharing in the individual thread of the participation.

I have also witness the actual sharing and helping between the particpants to achieve a better display even to the extend of lending their own beloved livestock. As Bel has shared, 1 of the tank experieced a little mishap and was at the verge of crashing on Friday morning. The owner of that tank was not present that time due to his work commitment. Eventhough some of the other participants were busy with their set-up, they still took time to help up a fellow reefer in trouble. When one of our sponsor learned about it, he even volunteered to spare us his product to be used to minimize the damaged to the tank. It is truly a heart warming scene.

I would like to thank - Aqua-Nautics, MadPetz, Iwarna, Reef Depot, Rein Biotech and Fournisseur for their generous sponsorship in this event.

Not to forget SRC's Admin, Moderators and members for the encouragements and supports!

The official tabulated results will be posted on the Official Competition Thread accordingly in the respective Tank Number. Please note that we will only post the Nic of the Top 3 tanks.

See you guys tomorrow at 4.30pm for the Prize Presentation. :thumbsup:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

• SRC Member

just went down to look for inspiration from all the pros down there... nice thing must support :cheers:

just went down to look for inspiration from all the pros down there... nice thing must support :cheers:

Bro, next year your turn! ;)

By the way, don't think you can :cheers: , you have not reach legal age.... lol

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

• SRC Member

Bro, next year your turn! ;)

By the way, don't think you can :cheers: , you have not reach legal age.... lol

Aiyo.. reefing where got age limit? The competition got age limits? Should open up to all ages..

Young and old. Who knows they might be the top masters?

Bro Starfish123 has learned alot and now expert already. I believe he will excel in his tank soon.. lets open our eyes big and see.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

• SRC Member
Congrats! Ryanlio, I wanna buy some gsp frags!

Foc 1 gsp frag for u bro.. for your kind support..

Starfish123, free frag gsp for u as well if u interested..

Thanks for supporting guys, err.. and boy..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

I will have some foc stuff there .. some corals.. better go down to see.. if u want..

Will be putting up a small frag station, those corals will be freebies in my tank.

For the supporters of the reefing club. Come and find out if you wan know what i going to give out.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

• SRC Member

no lah. i just get some xtra stuff there. most of my stuff display during competition not for sale.. hehe..

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of: