Sign in to follow this  
Jakuson

Western Australian Mandarin Dragonet (Synchiropus picturatus occidenta

Just to share a new recent discovery of rare dragonets during 2012.. Really like it's colouration.. Wondering if it has already reached our local LFS.. If anyone have seen it in LFS, please let me know! :pinch:

post-4879-0-19397200-1359644615_thumb.jppost-4879-0-27295300-1359644872_thumb.jppost-4879-0-48205300-1359644913_thumb.jp

For those interested, here is an article on this really beautiful fish--> http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/the-western-australian-mandarin-dragonet

It has been discovered long before 2012 just that there is no collection of the fish due to locality and very few picture exist before it was being collected in few months back in a new locality.. I know of a source for one but the price will be hard to swallow for most reefers...

It has been discovered long before 2012 just that there is no collection of the fish due to locality and very few picture exist before it was being collected in few months back in a new locality.. I know of a source for one but the price will be hard to swallow for most reefers...

+1... :D

Anyone wants this fish pls pm me for estimated pricing.

Fish can be ordered through Iwarna.

Thanks.

Nice to have, but difficult to keep. Can't get them to feed in community fish tank. :thumbsup:

lodging transportation etc, very inconvenient over there. it is also accessible during a certain period of time only, not to mention how troublesome WA gvt are.