Sudden change of Venue for 2013 Aquarama

Those who have participated previously can attest, you will be going against commercial players during the competition.

MASS have tried to suggest to them to separate hobbyists from commercial participants but was told not viable.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Supporter

Those who have participated previously can attest, you will be going against commercial players during the competition.

MASS have tried to suggest to them to separate hobbyists from commercial participants but was told not viable.

Yes i agreed with Gouldian, SRC took part 2 years ago and we spend like hundreds of dollars on the corals and livestock but it is still very hard for us to compete on a fair ground.

It is also very hard for us as a hobbyists to compete in the competition as most of the participant are LFS which has access to corals and live stocks from their own shipment or show tank. Don't be amaze if you see one of the coral which looks similar to the one from their show tank :P

However, it is a good display to the public which LFS can show off their setup .

Yes i agreed with Gouldian, SRC took part 2 years ago and we spend like hundreds of dollars on the corals and livestock but it is still very hard for us to compete on a fair ground.

It is also very hard for us as a hobbyists to compete in the competition as most of the participant are LFS which has access to corals and live stocks from their own shipment or show tank. Don't be amaze if you see one of the coral which looks similar to the one from their show tank :P

However, it is a good display to the public which LFS can show off their setup .

True, basically Aquarama is still a Trade Show thus their focus is not on Hobbyists.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

30th-31st May if for trade only right? how to go if not in this trade huh? any guide? :superman:

ah?! i thought 30th for trade only? geee.. planning to go on 31st. :wacko:

Moorish Idol has to be the most beautiful fish ever! :thumbsup:

You all can park at Gardens By The Bay car park and either walk over the overhead bridge or the MRT underpass.

<br /><br />Wow good idea. Carpark there is much cheaper but prepare to walk lol..<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

<br /><br />Wow good idea. Carpark there is much cheaper but prepare to walk lol..<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mmz or go MBS gamble :yahoo:

accumulate point and redeem parking hehe

For those who drive, you can also park at the open carpark beside MBS. Below is the rates, slightly cheaper than park inside.

post-1182-0-38364900-1369747878_thumb.jp

Is it worth planning to go shopping there? I need a new skimmer (tunze 9002), and have been waiting for Aquarama the past few weeks. Or better to buy before??? Thanks.

** Coming Soon ** 4x2x2 from Oceansing

1) Red Sea Max 130D

Stunner LED strip 24v 453nm Actinic Blue

2) 130liter nano from Pasir Ris... generic, but fun!

3) 300mm cube tank
Ecoxotic Par 38 tri-colour, PAR38 Aquarium LED 6-453nm Blue 4-6500k 2-Red
Eheim-Compact 600 Return Pump

• 3 months later...