Mum upgraded 2 a 322 cabinet sump

• SRC Member

For those who remembered, started a 1 ft tank for my mum. By chance we got a 322 cabimnet slump. Hence i am seeking help again to set up the slump, looking to buy second hand stuff if any1 selling.

There are 3 compartments in the slump.

1st compartment is where the inlet from the overflow

2nd i think for media

3rd return pump.

There is a small glass tank in the slump. Wondering wat issit for. Any1 can help recommend how to set up the slump. Thanks

Setting up a slump is illegal in Singapore. ;)

However, we are happy to help with setting up your sump. Just post your queries here.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

the small tank is most likely used as a refugium. you can put deep sand bed inside nad some chaeto and let your critters nest inside

Tank : 2.5 x1.5 x 2

Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC3.5

Lighting : Maxspect 110W

Chiller : Hailea 150 @ 27Deg

Salt : TropicMarin

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

i remembered reading some articles on using 2 skimmers which will affect the efficiency on each other.

In another word, it would be better if you just using a single skimmer with bigger capacity.

>>

• SRC Member

i remembered reading some articles on using 2 skimmers which will affect the efficiency on each other.

In another word, it would be better if you just using a single skimmer with bigger capacity.

ohh. will use a bigger skimmer once i get the pump which is stupid of me as they are selling the full set. I was thinking of using back my normal power head but realise that the pump they wanna sell sucks in air and pushes the water into the skimmer. haiz...till i get the pump i will stick with 2 skimmer for now

• SRC Member

tested water yesterday, need to do water change. But the question, what is the ideal Ca, KH, PO4 level?

Ca 500mg/l

GH & KH 11dkH & 196.9ppm

PO4 0.25mg/l

NO2 <0.3mg/l

NO3 50 - 100mg/l

PH 8.2

NO2/3 is to change water and filteration to keep it as low as possible.

Ca? wats the ideal level? I am doing like 1 very very small teaspoon once every 3 days

Sodium and Mg as well.

• SRC Member

CA 400 to 450

No 2 should be 0 at all times.

No 3 is way too high

KH 8 to 11

Mg about 1300 to 1400

Po4 should close to 0

Thx alot.

The LFS ran out of Mg test kit so didnt test Mg.

Going to do WC today or tomorrow to reduce NO4 maybe help to lower Ca as well.

But for PO4 how can we lower it?

Maybe should stop doing Ca. Sodium and Mg? or maybe dose one element once a week?

• SRC Member

Po4 can use media like rowa or use good bye po4 but u need good skimmer.

To reduce or prevent po4 from raising, control feeding and use only di water for water change, water top up

• SRC Member

Po4 can use media like rowa or use good bye po4 but u need good skimmer.

To reduce or prevent po4 from raising, control feeding and use only di water for water change, water top up

Thx, we are using diamond water.

Skimmer wise i think u ask b4. Using 2 BMC 3.5, but now trying to buy the pump for Jebo 520. Some overseas forum say its good for the price. I may use total 3 skimmer. there is still lots of space in my sump. issit advicable to use 3 skimmer?

• SRC Member

as I commented earlier, the effect of having 2 or 3 skimmers running concurrently may be even worse when you just run one.

ok, noted with thx. For the moment i will wait for the pump to arrive in Singapore then will use only 1 BIG skimmer

• SRC Member

Thx, we are using diamond water.

Skimmer wise i think u ask b4. Using 2 BMC 3.5, but now trying to buy the pump for Jebo 520. Some overseas forum say its good for the price. I may use total 3 skimmer. there is still lots of space in my sump. issit advicable to use 3 skimmer?

I dont think diamond water is di water. Ideal perimeter for di water measured 0 TDS. have u tested what TDS your diamond water has?

Skimmer just get a decent one will do. BM 3.5 seems way undersize for your tank size. U use 3 small skimmer also cant beat using one correct size for your tank

• SRC Member

I dont think diamond water is di water. Ideal perimeter for di water measured 0 TDS. have u tested what TDS your diamond water has?

Skimmer just get a decent one will do. BM 3.5 seems way undersize for your tank size. U use 3 small skimmer also cant beat using one correct size for your tank

roger tat. I do not have a TDS as meter.

The Jebo ones are like HUGE, takes up half of the empty compartment chamber in the sump. Let us try on the JEBO skimmer at first. if need be after monitoring will be to upgrade. Think will do more WC instead...haiz why did my mum choose Marine tank instead of FW tank. anyways, thx for the useful advice.

• SRC Member

My Mum with the help of my Dad did 1 pail WC change. Thus will get them to do 1 pail WC everyday for a week to see if NO3 goes down. Dun wanna to do huge WC as not to stress the livestock. Besides keeps them busy which is why the tank was set up for

• SRC Member
My Mum with the help of my Dad did 1 pail WC change. Thus will get them to do 1 pail WC everyday for a week to see if NO3 goes down. Dun wanna to do huge WC as not to stress the livestock. Besides keeps them busy which is why the tank was set up for
To bring no3 down, u have to do large water change. That is why some ppl keep changing water but cant see drop in no3.