Ocean Flowerbed - The 31x31x36 (cm) nano tank

• SRC Member

I fed mine enough food but I still caught it plucking on the skirting of zoas. Only the female seems to do so.. I wouldn't risk it.. Some of those zoas that got most of their skirting eaten simply closed and slowly melted away.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

Crap, that's unfortunate. I've got a bunch of zoas and 4 sexy shrimps. I do see them sitting in the polyps from time to time.

Should I be worried? Or is it a risk worth taking? Also, if anyone has any idea on how to get them all out that's be great. Haha.

• SRC Member

I fed mine daily with pellets and made sure all 3 of my sexies got enough. End up still pluck my zoas. You've got some beautiful expensive zoas. I would say take them out ASAP. Use a net snd some food to lure them.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

I fed mine daily with pellets and made sure all 3 of my sexies got enough. End up still pluck my zoas. You've got some beautiful expensive zoas. I would say take them out ASAP. Use a net snd some food to lure them.

I chased them with my net last night and gave up after 5 minutes. Buggers escape under the rocks with just one twitch. But I'll try your food and net method tonight. Thanks man.

Strangely, while I have seen the sexies walking all over my Zoas, I had never seen them picking the skirts or munching the Zoas or my Clove Polyps, GSPs etc. Maybe I feed them too much.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member
Patrick,The skimmer I'm using is the one that came with the OF tank set. But I don't want to rely on it so I change my water twice a week.
Thanks. Mine is also OF tank but didn't come with skimmer:(

Happy fake Friday reefers!

Came home from a long day to my fish tank and 2 cats. I feel great.

Anyway. Here're are some pictures for today.

Recently acquired Fruit Loops are looking happy.

post-22774-13693240283249_thumb.jpg

Clownfish photobomb.

post-22774-13693241062445_thumb.jpg

Some Supermen and fiercely vibrant nuclear greens.

post-22774-13693242952292_thumb.jpg

My royal gramma takes centre stage. I should give him a name. If you have suggestions that'd be great.

post-22774-13693245695393_thumb.jpg

Some Purple Hornets.

post-22774-13693252458995_thumb.jpg

And my cats.

post-22774-13693252901805_thumb.jpg

Goodnight and have a great public holiday everyone!

• SRC Member
Nice... Running a chiller? If yes, may I ask make and model and where to get it? Thanks sis.

Heyhey. I'm currently using a Dymax cooling fan while waiting for my ice probe to arrive in the mail. Would use a chiller but my house has no room for that.

Nice zoas and cute cats u have.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Thanks ya .. Please update when u installed ice probe, I googled looks like must drill a hole at the back of tank. Thanks again.

Yup sure will. :) And since my tank's already up and running I can't drill a hole. Gonna improvise and let it rest at the IOS portion instead. I've been told it works just as well. But I'll keep you posted!

Hi Sweety, think ya tank is having a rather good start with signs of good zoas opening up nicely :thumbsup:

But i would advise that you keep that palys away from the smaller size zoanthids, over time when they all grown and starts to compete for space, the smaller size zoanthids may have to give way to the bigger brothers ( especially the dull green palys which i saw in your ealier pics ).

Have fun :yahoo:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Hi Sweety, think ya tank is having a rather good start with signs of good zoas opening up nicely :thumbsup:

But i would advise that you keep that palys away from the smaller size zoanthids, over time when they all grown and starts to compete for space, the smaller size zoanthids may have to give way to the bigger brothers ( especially the dull green palys which i saw in your ealier pics ).

Have fun :yahoo:

Hi Dr Ang. Thanks for the advice. Will do the necessary adjustments ASAP.

:)

1:09am and I'm still sitting by my tank. Watching the fish and zoas "sleep" in darkness. I've become such a geek I amaze myself.

Here're are some pictures I took today.

Pink Zipper in sunlight. A lovely gift from a fellow reefer.

post-22774-1369501306388_thumb.jpg

3 for $100 rics from Iwarna. The one on the extreme left is an intense blue, overexposed by the LED. So now lagi blue.

post-22774-13695014357789_thumb.jpg

Pink Zipper at night. Nature is just mad, look at the speckled centre.

post-22774-13695015077281_thumb.jpg

I'll conclude the post with Gangster Garoupa from Coral Farm.

post-22774-13695015863125_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

1:09am and I'm still sitting by my tank. Watching the fish and zoas "sleep" in darkness. I've become such a geek I amaze myself.Here're are some pictures I took today.Pink Zipper in sunlight. A lovely gift from a fellow reefer. attachicon.gifhttp://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=195533'>ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369501306.453926.jpg3 for $100 rics from Iwarna. The one on the extreme left is an intense blue, overexposed by the LED. So now lagi blue. attachicon.gifhttp://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=195534'>ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369501436.069443.jpgPink Zipper at night. Nature is just mad, look at the speckled centre. attachicon.gifhttp://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=195535'>ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369501505.071801.jpgI'll conclude the post with Gangster Garoupa from Coral Farm. attachicon.gifhttp://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=195536'>ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369501586.888216.jpgGood morning!
Nice rics , saw it at irwana too but pocket not deep enough to buy .

System 45 - 1.5 ft cube with sump

Vortech MP 10

Maxspect Nano Razor 60W

BM Nac 3.5 Skimmer

BM MF70 reactor - Rowaphos

Phosban reactor 150 - NP Biopellet

Hailea chiller HS 28A

Newbie_David