Ocean Flowerbed - The 31x31x36 (cm) nano tank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh dear so sorry for the messages that I missed. Been so busy with work. Although it's hardly an excuse. Just slipped my mind to post here! But then again, even if I'd wanted to post anything here, I must say that nothing much has changed. Until today. I got myself a pair of: vevugese.jpg Thanks to Marcovan for picking these up at LCK! Truly a steal. A pair for $30? The moon must've gone blue. Also, my entire sunflower zoa colony has mysteriously melted. :( What a tragedy. They were my pioneer zoas. GONE. Sian. Anyway. Here's the latest FTS. I think the most noticeable difference is the GSP. They grew out of the water. I don't know if they know what's best for them... yde4esu6.jpg And finally, here's a tribute to my sunflower zoa colony. You had a good run! nugu9a7u.jpg I'll try to update more, reefers. In the meantime, be good out there. anute2y9.jpg My cats say hi.

Care to share your photoperiod and intensity settings for the Razor Nano LEDs? It seems glaring bright at both 100%.
Hey bro so sorry I missed your message. My photo period is from 6pm to 12:30am. My tank is outdoors so I'm not that concerned with their light intake in the day. Also this way, the tank is nicely lit by the time I get home from work. Haha. Intensity- 6-7pm: 0-40% blue 7-8pm: 50% white, 50% blue 8-10pm: 75% white, 75% blue 10-11pm: 25% white, 50% blue 11pm-12:30am: 50-0% blue By the way, it appears glaring in pictures because the iPhone camera is lousy with LED light. In reality it's fairly nicely lit. Hope this helps!

Haha.. Got you out Fel, even though it's a small soft meow.

Hey Dick, your softie is sort of getting too big for your tank. ( Dick, soft and big ) is not meant to be a pun.

post-74-13852592955409_thumb.jpg

Tell you what, for all the good things that you have done for me, I will accommodate this softie in my tank. Seriously I need to find a suitable suite for it.

post-74-13852594431874_thumb.jpg

Don't take too long , though. I might change my mind.

Just had ocean fish head curry last week.

Surp....

YT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

LELONG LELONG.

WTS: Pink octo. $30

Christmas is coming. And this looks quite festive, yes?

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see it's getting a little too big for my 34L ocean. So I'm letting it go, at the same price I got it.

Its head opens fully to roughly the size of a fist. The skeleton is half of it's original size because it was a shared frag. But the head opens nicely so hey great news for him and his new owner.

Leave me a note if you're interested! :)

• 4 months later...

*SPECIAL POST* TIME!

A long overdue HELLO to fellow reefers!!

I haven't been updating this space because quite frankly, taking the same kind of pictures over and over again is kinda redundant. Especially since a nano world runs out of alternate angles pretty quickly.

But today's post is not an ordinary one.

Because exactly one year ago, this happened:

Posted Image

And this post is to celebrate the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of my tank! I tend to nerd-out on things like that so come enjoy this mini celebration with me.

Posted Image

I've come a really really long way. As you can clearly see.

But of course I didn't do it on my own. The real mastermind behind the success of my tank is my boyfriend. He's been reefing way before I even knew what a bubble algae was. So a big woohoo to him.

And this is my tank today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know every time I take these FTSes it looks like I don't have any fish in there. So here's some proof of life:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I must say I am pleasantly surprised at how well the tank is doing. It did go through one or two rough patches but it recovered fairly quickly. So much effort goes into maintaining a tank. Those of you with much bigger oceans at home, I salute you. Really commendable.

It's nice to be back here writing again! But it's time I slept this stupid cold I'm having off. Bleagh.

And in true gingerwrasse fashion, I shall conclude this commemorative post with pictures of my cats.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• SRC Member

I like your gsp wall :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member

Holy Crap. very Impresive Tank! Eyes Sudah Pop Kaw kaw :P cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

A beautiful tank, always at its best form. Honto desu. Your ( both ) passion ,talent and creativeness are sadly restricted by the size of your tank.

Bigger tank is the way to go.

YT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of the nicest stuff inside this tank comes from you. Our generous reefing mentor. :bow: