angmoh's 2ft REEF REEF tank

angmoh

• SRC Member

Tank Description

Display Tank: 61(L) x 61(W) x 50(H) cm

Sump Tank: 70(L) x 50(W) x 38(H) cm

Reservoir Tank: 60(L) x 50(L) x 45(H) cm equipped with Tunze 6015 for circulation

Chiller: Artica 1/5hp

Light: Maxspect Razor 120W (Hanging)

Skimmer: Deltec 1455 (for tank up to 1000litres)

Wavemakers: Tunze 6055 with controller

Return Pump: Jebao DC (4000litres)

Others: Osmolator 3155, Biopellets, Rowaphos

>>

Looks good... and keep the photos update coming.

Hope u don't mind these opinions:

1. The exhause fan... do you think it will be more effective if the fan sucks air from the cabinet and blows it out instead of blowing air in? Also, preferably to automate such that the fan is turned on when chiller is running. Else it will be a waste of electricity.

2. Given u have done up a nice looking tank, would the grey pvc pipe in the DT stand out like a sore thumb amongst the nice corals or fishes?

Pls pardon my frank opinion. This pipe hole, is at the base of the main DT, could potentially be the weakest link/joint of the tank.

In the mean time... enjoy the journey!!!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

Hi wilsontantw,

Thank you for your kind suggestion/remarks.

As I have created a huge opening directly in front of the chiller, I hope the hot air will dissipate out of the cabinet. The blower is meant to provide air circulation within the cabinet to blow out the hot air (hopefully) and to cool down adapters.

I'm looking at that as well. Probably need to go sim lim to look for the temperature controller. Anyway the exhaust fan power consumption is negligible compared to chiller haha

I will remove the PVC pipe in the tank as it is redundant anyway. Need a strainer probably.

I'm not so worry about the hole as is just like the holes in ur overflow box haha

>>

Neat and nice arrangement.

Will look better if you exhaust fan is install inside the cabinet then outside.

Pardon me for my opinion.

Happy Reefing

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Yo... glad u have thought of it already.

Just 1 additional thought. The hot air is going to be dissipated from the rear of the chiller. I.e. hot air will stay within ur cabinet. With the exhaust fan blowing in, it will force the hot air out the front hole. Now the chiller is drawing hot air instead of cool air.

Thats just theoretically speaking of course.. in real world im not a thermal scientist or physicist. So I could be wrong.

Do keep the updates coming. Hope to see more nice pix!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

What the lights height clearance from your water surface? Seems quite high.

• Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Yo... glad u have thought of it already.

Just 1 additional thought. The hot air is going to be dissipated from the rear of the chiller. I.e. hot air will stay within ur cabinet. With the exhaust fan blowing in, it will force the hot air out the front hole. Now the chiller is drawing hot air instead of cool air.

Thats just theoretically speaking of course.. in real world im not a thermal scientist or physicist. So I could be wrong.

Do keep the updates coming. Hope to see more nice pix!

Wilson, the heat exchange for Artica chiller is at front? I hope it is. Otherwise I have to turn around the chiller. The idea is to have the heat discharge facing the opening

>>

• SRC Member

What the lights height clearance from your water surface? Seems quite high.

About 30cm.. I haven really measured yet. Anyway will fine tune it when I start stocking. Still a long way to go...

Now the tank is running with fresh water

>>

About 30cm.. I haven really measured yet. Anyway will fine tune it when I start stocking. Still a long way to go... Now the tank is running with fresh water
Ok ok, I see. Happy reefing.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Bro angmoh, the light from the refugium is gonna cause coraline algae growth on your skimmer. Hope u have taken some precaution. For mine, I wrapped aluminium foil around the skimmer's body.

• SRC Member

Bro angmoh, the light from the refugium is gonna cause coraline algae growth on your skimmer. Hope u have taken some precaution. For mine, I wrapped aluminium foil around the skimmer's body.

Ohh noted bro. Never thought of that. Thanks

>>

You mean the comb? I'm planning to keep some not reef-safe fish in the refugium as well :)

You should have a 'hole' in the cabinet to look into the fuge. Nice design, me likey.

Materialism :- He who dies with the most toys, wins.