T5 to supplement current LED

Hi,

im currently using eShine LED. Max running at 80% for both blue and white for 3 hours in the afternoon and slowly reducing intensity. Would like to ask if I would like to keep SPS do i need to suppliment with T5s and what type and colour tube do i need to use as a supplement for growth and colour to POP. Thanks in advance. :)

• SRC Member

First do provide ur tank specs.. Height is a very important aspect. Next you also need to provide the specs of ur led? Does it comes with anything other than cool white and blue leds? I personally thinks a t5 LED combo is the best hybrid right now. Depending on ur tanks height and width. A 2 - 4 tubes added would definitely be a lot better.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sponsor

When changing over to LEDs, one needs to consider, other than the spectrum produced, the actual amount of light produced. There are units out there that simply do not have the strength to support marine life on their own. Others can certainly do, as customers who have been usinf the Vertex Illumina for the last years constantly report.

Decide what you want to keep, know your tank dimensions (depth is still as important as by other lighting, as well as the look you want. Flat colours are best with T-5s, while shimmer and colour depth are better with LEDs, Combinations vary. Tastes vary.

Although the basics of cool white and royal blue (450nm) and will support marine life, the addtion of blue (470nm) and violet (420nm), along with lower wavelengths of 395nm (UVA) and 405nm (true violet), will give you optimum spectrum for colour viewing and developement. Other colours may be added for the aesthetic side.

As Vertex will now be offering their entire product line in Singapore (Aquaium Iwarna), keep you eyes open for new options.

Jamie

Jamie Vande

Vertex Aquaristik

Cologne, Germany

www.vertexaquaristik.com

jamie@vertexaquaristik.de

• 7 months later...

Hi, bringing up an old post,

I have a maxspect razor 10k 120w, over a 2ft length, 1.5ft tall tank. Lightset is 7 inch above the surface. I would like to supplement the maxspect with t5 to get the best overall growth + colour. Will be getting a diy t5 set 2 x 24 w and attaching to the edge of the maxspect heat plate. My question is what colour bulb should i be looking at?

The blueplus + true actinic? Would really like my coral colours to pop since I am currently on 10k leds and also to supplement spectrums lacking in leds. Anyone can advise?

How long should the t5s be switched on? Will 4 - 5 hrs be suffice? Main idea is to rely mostly on the leds, to expand the lifespan of the t5s. T5s for colouration purposes mainly.

Will really appreciate some advice.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

I tried blue + and true actinic , it washed out all the colours like mad. Pm me ur num i show u example of pics i tried with diff bulbs.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

I get deep n rich colouration through ATI blue plus as recommended by master cedric

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member

I tried blue + and true actinic , it washed out all the colours like mad. Pm me ur num i show u example of pics i tried with diff bulbs.

Post here for all to see better ...

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• 2 months later...

Hi Bro, just digging out a old thread, whats the T5 bulb you using to supplement your LEDs now, and any difference on the different bulbs used??

• SRC Member

Hi Bro, just digging out a old thread, whats the T5 bulb you using to supplement your LEDs now, and any difference on the different bulbs used??

Blue+ and purple+ is much better than

2 blue+ or 1blue+ 1 true actinic .

Im going to try 1 blue+ and coral+ soon

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub: