TDO by APBreed

Dispar_Anthias

I never did a product review before but decide to start a thread for this fish feed because I believe this is an amazing product and would benefit many reefers.

This feed is brought in by one of our sponsor and sold at Aquarium Iwarna. When I first saw this product, I am abit sceptical and reluctant mainly due to its price (yes, its slightly pricier than average marine feed), packaging( old packaging is pretty dull) and it does not states whether it is for fresh or marine usage. Decide to give it a try as I witness a Mitratus butterfly (a deepwater butterfly which has the tendency to lose its colour in our bright setup) which I gave to a fellow reefer returning back close to its original colouration after feeding on this product for a few months. The purchase of this feed coincide with the purchase of my Bandit Angelfish, a fish infamous for being a finicky feeder and poor survival reord in captivity. Initially, I thought the best way to get this fish to feed was to entice it with frozen meaty food but despite many attempts, the fish show no interest in any frozen that I feed it with. As days past, the fish began to lose it weight so I decide to give the TDO C-2 a try and guess what, the fish began to devour every pellet with gusto. From then on, my Bandit slowly regain back its weight and return back to its original health. And now whenever, I walked out of the fridge with TDO in my hands, my Bandit will just follow and look so excited.

This is not an isolated case because, I have seen a newly arrive Bandit in Iwarna in one of the recent shipment not looking too interested in any dry feed so I as them to try out TDO and again the fish take the pellet immediately.

There are many incidents which I have witness but sadly deleted or did not have pictures to show such as getting my Big Interruptus to return back to its original health from a emiciated state (sunken forehead and stomach) during my tank change.

Nonetheless, I always have this believe that to keep a fish thriving in tip top condition, one cannot depend solely on a kind/brand of food as our fish will need all the different minerals and nutrients there is. Hence, I always mix a different varieties of dry feeds in a single feeding and currently all my fishes are feeding on a combination of (TDO C-2 + TDO Chroma Boost + Dr Bassler forte + Dr Bassler Chlorella + Fauna Marin's Ultra Health + Danichi Reef Veggie FX).

Last but no least, I have heard from reefers who are currently using this feed can atest that their fishes colour look more vibrant and that is what I have witness on my fishes as well. Thus, any reefers who have not used this product and are looking for a good fish food can give TDO a try.

post-602-0-04608700-1379824488_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Just some experience with this product.

i had a very finicky blenny that NEVER ate anything else except fish eggs. it starved for many weeks and was not looking good. one day i threw pellets for the other fishes and that blenny took a huge liking toward this product and has never looked back since. it is now fat and healthy.

have seen wild caught finicky angels such as bandit, bicolour and many other butterflies feed on this food as well. a must try.

• SRC Member
Its not just Bandit that this food is working on, I have seen so many finicy fishes that take this food with gusto such as Achilles Tang, Moorish Idol, Regal Angelfish and Multibar Angelfish.
Did u try on mandarin fish.

thanks for sharing

No problem bro as I believe really good stuff should be shared. If you look at my latest tank thread photo, it has the pic of my large Interruptus angelfish at its current state but before its forehead was sunken in quite badly.

My mandarin pair I bought last monday not taking the pellets yet. Will update if they eat the pellets

To get mandarin to feed on pellets demands lots of effort, time and patience that is why LFS are the one who are usually more successful. Simple reason is that their diet is made up of almost 100% pods. Even if one can get a mandarin to feed on pellet, they still need a non- competitive environment to survive as they are usually too slow to compete for the food.

Can pm me the price for TDC-EP1 and TDO-Chroma Boost EP1, thanks.

Hi, I am just doing a product review, no wanting to be involve in the commercial end therefore suggest you pm our sponsor Aquafauna Supplies or Aquarium Iwarna for more info. :)

• SRC Member

To get mandarin to feed on pellets demands lots of effort, time and patience that is why LFS are the one who are usually more successful. Simple reason is that their diet is made up of almost 100% pods. Even if one can get a mandarin to feed on pellet, they still need a non- competitive environment to survive as they are usually too slow to compete for the food.

Quite true,they are slow compare to fish like tangs which will chase for their food

Quite true,they are slow compare to fish like tangs which will chase for their food

So by the time the pellets gets to the bottom of the tank where mandarin will feed, the pellet would probably be gone or blown away by wavemaker. This is of course unless you flood your tank with food which will then again foul your water. Therefore, only suggest one to try out dragonet if your tank is mature enough and has enough pods to sustain this amazing fish.

• 4 weeks later...

What is the price? Can PM me

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016