1000 Gallon 3D Hole in the wall

Harlequinmania

• SRC Supporter

Thanks for sharing the light settings. Roughly what's that peak value for the white/UV/Green/Red in the chart?

Red, White, green max 60%  

Blue, Violet, UV ,RB max 100% for 52 but slowing increasing it to 110 % for 52HD to see if it can color up those sps nearer to the sandbed. 

Edited by Harlequinmania

• SRC Supporter

However, just to share that it is not recommend to use the High Par / high UV setting instantly like mine to burn the colors. Experience tell me that the newly purchased corals will not be able to take the High Par / High UV setting in the tank which usually result in coral bleaching. This is where the acclimation function come in very handy to slowly adjust the intensity up .

i took about 3 to 4 week to acclimatize new corals to the light setting. 

Week one - 50% reduction

Week Two - 40 % reduction

Week three - 30 % reduction

Week Four - 20% reduction 

AI Director.jpg

• SRC Member

Am thinking of getting the AI HD series lighting and reviews are that the HD are very strong. May I know your advise on adjusting the LEDs height in relation to the LED settings?

• SRC Supporter

It is best to place it high at least 1 feet from water level. This will help improve the light spread and protect the light set from water splashes which could damage the light.

Don't under estimate the light, my tank height is 2.5ft tall and placed about 1.5 feet above water level still I can keep some easy sps at the sandbed.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• SRC Supporter

Finally decided to invest an additional apex ph module since my tank encountered twice a serious kh swung, once due to c02 running out of gas and second time due to water line blockage. Some sps started to stn and rtn before I knew it.

With the additional apex ph monitor, the system would be able to prompt me via email or warning when the ph inside the cr chamber went to unusually high or low level that would trigger me to check, which hopefully to avoid same issue again.

.e1948314d3c08184f8e5db36bd2812de.jpg

7f00cea0680aa914fada03f6971b61fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• SRC Supporter

Good plan to get the PM1 & additional PH probe.

Did you manage to program the email alert to happen for only when the CO2 is supposed to be on? I'm trying to figure this out. I assume a virtual outlet is needed for this.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Supporter
On 3/15/2016 at 0:10 AM, SubzeroLT said:

Good plan to get the PM1 & additional PH probe.

Did you manage to program the email alert to happen for only when the CO2 is supposed to be on? I'm trying to figure this out. I assume a virtual outlet is needed for this.

Sorry for my late reply on this.. Miss out the update and reply for awhile :P 

Yes , i manage to program the Apex email alert to alert me whenever the PH get out of range . What i did is monitor the Apex PH chart for my CR under normal daily working operation to get the lowest and highest PH value, which helps determine the " Normal running condition" of my CR . This would allow me to set the Highest and Lowest PH range level to alert me if it go out of range. i.e; PH getting too low - which could mean overdose of C02 and could result of spike in parameter or PH getting too High - to a level that is consistent with the tank PH value which mean the C02 tank is empty that need refill and look into before KH start dropping. 

Hopefully this will help me to achieve an overall more stable water parameter condition . I used to kept my tank KH at 11, as i am using timer to control the CR which precision control can be difficult , with this setting now i am aiming to bring down and maintain my KH level to 8 ~ 9 to see if there is any different to the corals. 

Wow what media u using. How come can get kh 11? I using Rowalith and has a hard time keeping kh above 7.0

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Supporter
On 4/21/2016 at 0:31 PM, sherman said:

Wow what media u using. How come can get kh 11? I using Rowalith and has a hard time keeping kh above 7.0

Sorry correction, i mean i used to kept my KH at 10 not 11. Typo error. I am using the same CR media as you as well , and i guess water change with a high KH salt , tuning the CR and auto top up with kalkwasser helps. Most importantly i learn is the stability of the water parameter and prevent any major swung of the 3 parts especially KH. 

• 2 weeks later...