1000 Gallon 3D Hole in the wall

Harlequinmania

Nice!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Supporter

Sharing my apex PH chart for my CR . Base upon the chart , i would be able to set the higher and lowest limit under normal working condition of the CR and to alert me via email if it go out of range which could mean either the C02 is empty or the supply or output water line is choked which happen to me before. 

CR_PH.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

i kind of like the new AI HD setting which is high on Blue and zero red / green. So far didnt notice any change in coloration except more pleasing to the eye :P 

Planing to try out adding back some red slowly to see if there is any different or positive effect on the corals. 

• SRC Member
i kind of like the new AI HD setting which is high on Blue and zero red / green. So far didnt notice any change in coloration except more pleasing to the eye  

Planing to try out adding back some red slowly to see if there is any different or positive effect on the corals. 

Carefully for red colour it will make your algae grow in your main tank display.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Supporter
:goodjob:. That a huge DI, how long can it last?

My every water change is about 800 litres, I am still testing it now.. hopefully can last me for a few water change.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Supporter
Too some effort to read thru the entire progress, at one point of time you did use AIO bio pallets may i know are you still using it now?

If not currently what are you using  to control phosphate and Nitrate for your tank?

Hi, I already stop using it as my current system especially the refugium help in controlling my nutrients. My experience with AIO is that it is still removing more of the nitrate than the phosphate, you still need to run a seperate p04 remover to remove p04 from your system . However for a small tank, maybe the AIO will work but I didn't have the chance to try out yet.

• SRC Supporter
Yes massive DI reactor how long can it last?

I am still testing this , however it will till very much depends the initial tds reading of your raw tape water in your area.

• SRC Member
21 hours ago, he said:

Hi, I already stop using it as my current system especially the refugium help in controlling my nutrients. My experience with AIO is that it is still removing more of the nitrate than the phosphate, you still need to run a seperate p04 remover to remove p04 from your system . However for a small tank, maybe the AIO will work but I didn't have the chance to try out yet.

I'm wondering how the result like for you after using AIO does it really bring down the nitrate down to zero?

For P04 remover did you try using?

Seachem - PhosGuard