Wave maker necessary ?

Depends on what u planning to keep. For a 422, the ehiem 1262 should be just right, in terms of turn over. I used it on a 3ft, and still had a mp40 running. I would strongly recommend using a wavemaker to recreate a random flow in the tank to pick up crap on the sand. Also if u intend to keep sps, random flow is necessary. Fish only, or soft corals are not too particular in terms of flow. Get the affordable range of wavemakers. i.e Jebao wp25 or wp40. If u dont like the idea of wavemakers, I think there are some new products which allow u to create 360 flow with ur return pipe, not sure if its availble here. I know dancing wave does the same, but its a wavemaker i think.

End of the day, U could always still just use the return without a wavemaker. A wavemaker is not absolutely required, but adds the random flow to the tank.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Better To Have As Fish Waste Etc might get traped in DSB etc..Haha..some fish need..Constant flow thru the gills Example are Angles ++better you get bro..your return is just nice put.you might run into Trouble later on.. Nitrates, Phosphates,Algae Growth,Ditrius Collecting, Exchange Of Gases And PH Swings..Also Dirt Will clump in rocks..

Hope i helped!

cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Depends on what u planning to keep. For a 422, the ehiem 1262 should be just right, in terms of turn over. I used it on a 3ft, and still had a mp40 running. I would strongly recommend using a wavemaker to recreate a random flow in the tank to pick up crap on the sand. Also if u intend to keep sps, random flow is necessary. Fish only, or soft corals are not too particular in terms of flow. Get the affordable range of wavemakers. i.e Jebao wp25 or wp40. If u dont like the idea of wavemakers, I think there are some new products which allow u to create 360 flow with ur return pipe, not sure if its availble here. I know dancing wave does the same, but its a wavemaker i think.

End of the day, U could always still just use the return without a wavemaker. A wavemaker is not absolutely required, but adds the random flow to the tank.

bro Peong Is Selling The 360* Degress..Return Unit..Refer To Pasarmalam..

turns 360Degress..

Allowing full flow

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

The for all the advise. I did have a very powerful wave maker which will even shift my bottom sand .I wanted to save electricity so thinking of shutting down the wave maker.

Bro, wavemaker won't waste much of the electricity..the most important is must have good flow in your tank..u can do w/o wavemaker if u have good n strong return pump..cheers

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

I am currently running a DC5000 return pump for my 4x2x2.5 and i find it not enough..

maybe you can try positioning the wavemaker so that the sand bed don't get disturbed..

What i am sure is that your fishes will be happier with a wavemaker.. do you want your fishes to be happy? :)

• SRC Member
The for all the advise. I did have a very powerful wave maker which will even shift my bottom sand . I wanted to save electricity so thinking of shutting down the wave maker.
Bro honestly, switch hobby
  • Like 5