Rearing clownfish larvae

• SRC Member

Hi bros,

Need some advices on the rearing clownfish larvae.

I just realized that my clownfish has spawned and I am hoping to try my luck to rear those clownfish larvae. However, I don't have the space for a separate larvae tank.

1. Is it possible to rear them in my cheato refugium in my sump tank (if I reduce flow to the refugium). I am wondering if the live pods can be good food source for them.

2. Does adult clownfish eat the larvae? Because I have one adult clownfish in the refugium now (it is a poor fish kena bullied by the clownfish parents in the main tank. If yes, then I may need to give it away...

Thank you!

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

• SRC Member

If u have not prepared to raise the larvae, sorry but u are already too late. Best opinion now is let the be nurtitious food for ur other tank members. Good news is they will probably lay eggs again in 2 weeks to a month time. Thus start preparing if u plan to rear them. There are lots of articles on how to rear them from legs to juvenile clown.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk