Triton System User Fall In

Aquareef123

• SRC Member

How many Triton System users are there in Singapore? Would you like to list down your names? We can compare notes and do some lesson learned together so that everyone of us can benefit.

If you don't know what is Triton System, refer to url below. Iwarna is the local distributor of this product.

http://www.triton.de/english/products/triton-method/what-is-the-triton-method/was-ist-die-triton-methode.html

List of Triton Users:

===================

1. Aquareef123 - 1200L tank running Triton since January 2014.

No one?

Anyone can simplify the whole thing.

Too much to read

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member
No one? Anyone can simplify the whole thing. Too much to read
if I read skip correctly. 1)No water change = reduced risk, as sometimes diff salt batches will have differing ca n kh n mg, salinity etc concentrations. 2)top up of fresh water =buy their filter media to use in conjunction with existing rodi system as rodi system not enough. 3)their trace elements solution of base element Z (all in one) usage will reduce the dosing error of individual compound such as potassium, boron, ca, kh, mg, etc. if certain compound too much, the algae will take in extra nutrient n grow and so that particular compound will not exceed limit. 4) can send our reef tank water for bi monthly analysis. U must have algae culture in your system to make it work. But strangely, the lighting they recommend using T 5. I guess it removes all carbon dosing like bio pellets. The rest on maintenance I find tat it is what a diligent reefer will do. Change activated carbon n po4 resin, removal of algae. When using the base element z, u just need to monitor kh. Rest of parameters all Bo chap. This is gd as u can save money on the test kits n less auto doser, I like a 1 solution dosing, simple n the less variables u have in an equation, it consistency can be maintained. Hope I interpreted correctly.

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

• SRC Member
if I read skip correctly. 1)No water change = reduced risk, as sometimes diff salt batches will have differing ca n kh n mg, salinity etc concentrations. 2)top up of fresh water =buy their filter media to use in conjunction with existing rodi system as rodi system not enough. 3)their trace elements solution of base element Z (all in one) usage will reduce the dosing error of individual compound such as potassium, boron, ca, kh, mg, etc. if certain compound too much, the algae will take in extra nutrient n grow and so that particular compound will not exceed limit. 4) can send our reef tank water for bi monthly analysis. U must have algae culture in your system to make it work. But strangely, the lighting they recommend using T 5. I guess it removes all carbon dosing like bio pellets. The rest on maintenance I find tat it is what a diligent reefer will do. Change activated carbon n po4 resin, removal of algae. When using the base element z, u just need to monitor kh. Rest of parameters all Bo chap. This is gd as u can save money on the test kits n less auto doser, I like a 1 solution dosing, simple n the less variables u have in an equation, it consistency can be maintained. Hope I interpreted correctly.
That basically sums it up. Are u a triton user too?

• SRC Member
That basically sums it up. Are u a triton user too?
nope. But it's what I aiming to do, reefing without water change. I try not to chase the numbers game for no3, po4. So how much for a bottle and the capacity of a bottle? How's your monthly consumption? Thanks.

Power consumption

• SRC Member

nope. But it's what I aiming to do, reefing without water change. I try not to chase the numbers game for no3, po4. So how much for a bottle and the capacity of a bottle? How's your monthly consumption? Thanks.

It comes in 4 bottles. Bottle 1, 2, 3A and 3B. Each bottle is 1L.

Bottle 1 mix with 9L of RODI = 10L

Bottle 2 mix with 9L of RODI = 10L

Bottle 3A mix with 3B with 8L of RODI = 10L

Need a 3 channel dosing pump. The monthly consumption depends on your tank volume and what you are keeping. If SPS consumption will be higher than LPS or softies. On the average is 10ml per 100L of tank water.

In my case the Triton system last for 3 months which is very economical. You only have to test KH and adjust your dosing accordingly. Once your kh is stablized at 8-9, you can just leave it running.

Price for 3 bottles you can check with Iwarna.

• SRC Member

List of Triton Users:
===================

1. Aquareef123 - 1200L tank running Triton since January 2014.
2. Markymarcus - 600L Reef tank since March 2014

Come on guys, don't be shy. I'm sure we have more than 2 users in Singapore.

• SRC Member
It comes in 4 bottles. Bottle 1, 2, 3A and 3B. Each bottle is 1L. Bottle 1 mix with 9L of RODI = 10L Bottle 2 mix with 9L of RODI = 10L Bottle 3A mix with 3B with 8L of RODI = 10L Need a 3 channel dosing pump. The monthly consumption depends on your tank volume and what you are keeping. If SPS consumption will be higher than LPS or softies. On the average is 10ml per 100L of tank water. In my case the Triton system last for 3 months which is very economical. You only have to test KH and adjust your dosing accordingly. Once your kh is stablized at 8-9, you can just leave it running. Price for 3 bottles you can check with Iwarna.
thanks for the explanation. so if kh is low, all 3 bottles dose higher of same amount & vice versa? Thanks.

Power consumption

Hi,

I am triton user since Jan 2014. Did a posting in another triton systems thread earlier on my experience so far. My tank is 400l. Currently dosing 80ml per solution daily. Corals r growing well so far. Started with 30 ml dosing gradually increasing to 80 ml in order to stabilise kh to 9dkh

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
Hi,I am triton user since Jan 2014. Did a posting in another triton systems thread earlier on my experience so far. My tank is 400l. Currently dosing 80ml per solution daily. Corals r growing well so far. Started with 30 ml dosing gradually increasing to 80 ml in order to stabilise kh to 9dkhSent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Thanks Dreamscape. I will add your name on the list. For some reason I can only do that using my PC. If i do on my iPad all the line spacing is gone.

• SRC Member
Thanks Dreamscape. I will add your name on the list. For some reason I can only do that using my PC. If i do on my iPad all the line spacing is gone.
try press a few times "enter" key or return key for paragraphing instead of just a line feed spacing. I tried it works but paragraph to paragraph spacing is more than 1 line.

Power consumption

• Sponsor

Hello Aquareef123,

There should be about 20 Triton users.

A number of them are currently travelling.

I know cos we have to collect their water for Triton testing this weekend.

Cheers,

Aquarium Iwarna

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

• SRC Member
Hello Aquareef123, There should be about 20 Triton users. A number of them are currently travelling. I know cos we have to collect their water for Triton testing this weekend. Cheers, Aquarium Iwarna
Cool. I will be one of them sending for testing too. Hooray!!!

• Sponsor

I will try get triton users pictures from customers . Hang on

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.