Feeding Angel & Tangs with Lettuce

Hi Snr,

Need some advise on feeding Lettuce

I have been feeding my Tangs and Angel with market Lettuce everyday and notice they shit alot and quite dirty

Will the shit polute my tank. Currently Nitrates abt 20ppm

What about feeding Seaweeds? Will it have the same issue?

Notice quite messy feeding lettuce, any other better option?

Thanks You for the advise.

Got the idea from LFS, saw them feeding Lettuce and I did the same, Fishes like it so much and very economical. Cost me less than a dollar for a week.

Seaweed, very expensive More than a red note. But if for the fish health, than no choice.

feeding Lettuce, Only problem is the dropping is messy in the tank, still monitoring.

• SRC Member
Thanks You for the advise. Got the idea from LFS, saw them feeding Lettuce and I did the same, Fishes like it so much and very economical. Cost me less than a dollar for a week. Seaweed, very expensive More than a red note. But if for the fish health, than no choice. feeding Lettuce, Only problem is the dropping is messy in the tank, still monitoring.
If u feel your fishes deserve $1 meal per week then continue. If u are keeping nice n expensive angels then i believe u will not try to save the $10.

I used to feed my tangs with cabbage last time. A bit troublesome so change to dry seaweed.

Now feed my tangs and angels with the super market seaweed. It is about $1.60 per packet. Can feed very long. Cheap and good.

Looking for the type of seaweed that is put in our fish soup.

• SRC Member

Thank You so much for the advise....BTW, how to attach a photo from here

Bro to attach a picture very simple :

1/ you go to quote as usual then once click you will see : post and more reply options

2/ click to more reply options then you can see : attach pic just select your pic and valid it

Cheers

Bro to attach a picture very simple :

1/ you go to quote as usual then once click you will see : post and more reply options

2/ click to more reply options then you can see : attach pic just select your pic and valid it

Cheers

Hi Flo,

Got it .... :thumbsup:

post-23415-0-69258900-1398290915_thumb.j

Yes, The Emperor is super tame and you can touch her. I handfeed her daily. But big bully among the rest of the Angel. She will chase the rest away when come to feeding. or She will park herself right infront and the rest all waiting below .....haha...

Thought of uploading video to see how bullish she is? Is it the same method as uploading photos?

Meanwhile, I will slowly reduced the Copper content via partial water change.

One curious question : Does our Skimmer skim or reduce Copper because when I add copper the next day the skimmate contain some blue coloring.

Seems to be coming from the copper. Anyway, I will measure my Copper content to confirm.

• SRC Member

Yes, The Emperor is super tame and you can touch her. I handfeed her daily. But big bully among the rest of the Angel. She will chase the rest away when come to feeding. or She will park herself right infront and the rest all waiting below .....haha...

Thought of uploading video to see how bullish she is? Is it the same method as uploading photos?

Meanwhile, I will slowly reduced the Copper content via partial water change.

One curious question : Does our Skimmer skim or reduce Copper because when I add copper the next day the skimmate contain some blue coloring.

Seems to be coming from the copper. Anyway, I will measure my Copper content to confirm.

Hi tony ,

Yes it s the same process for the video :) yes the skimmer will reduce the copper....to make sure test daily..

Cheers

I used to feed my tangs with cabbage last time. A bit troublesome so change to dry seaweed.

Now feed my tangs and angels with the super market seaweed. It is about $1.60 per packet. Can feed very long. Cheap and good.

Looking for the type of seaweed that is put in our fish soup.

Hi bro I love angel. Can take photo of your seaweed packet? so that I can buy. Thanks!

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk

Hi tony ,

Yes it s the same process for the video :) yes the skimmer will reduce the copper....to make sure test daily..

Cheers

Hi bro,

Thanks...and have a good Friday and also a wonderful weekend ahead.

• 1 month later...