Puffer Problem

• SRC Member

Hai guys.I got a Shortspined puffer.He has been in my tank since Saturday,and for some reason he is still not eating..?In the day he hides among the rocks but is active in the night.For now,he is eating the mitra snails in my tank.All of them are gone.The surviving snails are my Naussirius.How do I get him to eat?

Thanx guys

<3

steak pls

maybe u try putting a piece of market prawn using a stick or something and shake infront of it to entice it to eat.

i had 1 in my tank previously whatever i feed it doesnt eat but when at nite it ate all my boxer shrimp and other snails

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

• SRC Member

Actually puffers loves crustacean and molluscs. They are greedy eater (eat a lot and get hungry easily). So, it is still risky for the snails, shrimps, crabs even if they are well fed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Anyone else knows what puffers eat? Thanx k
It depends on the species of the puffers... Generally they whollop anything that you give them but I read somewhere that porcupine puffers doesn't eat fish meat and it's fatal for them...

I used to feed them mollies, but I was told fresh water fishes don't have the necessary nutrients to keep them alive. After a while I gave them up, bcos my colleagues think they eat the live mollies are too cruel. I kept the puffers in office. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

My friend feeds them super dried prawns. Her husband orders it from the states I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.