Bunster's 2 feet tank

Bunster

• SRC Member

my newly bought lemonpeel angel taste (read: nip) my tube worm clam etc non stop since sat.. i dont know to laugh or cry loh.

I would cry... Corals > fish

Bro, Thanks for your reply on the Yuma etc. I may just give it another try sometime. And wow, your Coral Beauty photo is fantastic. It's almost like a cartoon character.

way to go bun! in the meantime of cycling i go around reading up!

Gorgeous colors!

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

4032134229021418s_zpsx5nrshsi.JPG

• SRC Member

Awesome photography ... "give this man a medal" ... everything looks gorgeous :D Your corals are so near to each other ...

Hows ur coral beauty feeding? nipping LPS or Pellets ?

Thank you! My coral beauty is still not feeding but it looks fat and happy. Keeps grazing on rocks but leaving my corals alone... cross fingers.

There's a downside to having corals so close to each other. Quite high risk of them attacking each other. A few lessons I've learnt over the last few months:

1. Don't place open brains too close to yumas because the yumas will open up during the day and it will sting the brain.

2. Don't place candy canes too close to acans because acans, although they seem quite docile, will decide to sting the candy cane one night.

3. Stick your sps frags well... because if they fall, they will land on some lps below and its usually a goner.

4. And most recently, in a fight between a hammer and a flower anemone... the flower will lose and it will be too stubborn to move away

• SRC Member

2 new additions from Iwarna yesterday....

Pink-Streaked Wrasse (Pseudocheilinops ataenia)

pinkstreak-1_zps6454f3f5.jpg

Its still very shy and it hides all the time. But at least its alive.

And...

Crinoid Squat Lobster (Allogalathea elegans)

squatlobster-1_zps47d6f93e.jpg

Rather interesting little creature. Was hanging on to some sps last night but it has moved to reside under my elegance coral today. Took me awhile to find it...phew...

• Like 2

• SRC Member

once again beautiful shots of corals and fishes

Thank you!

nice monti !! N Ur wrasse in fts really shine Like rainbow!

But Ur coral beauty very dangerous. Watch out after a month, once He stablized.

Thanks for the heads up... I know its risky, cross fingers... if it turns rogue, I'll throw it in Ashwin's tank...lol...

• SRC Member

6bec069b6aba64c0e475be9a6d0dccb0.jpg

Since we are on the topic of food, I thought I would just share a quick review of this lps food I picked up on a whim a few weeks ago.

It's comes in sinking granules which is a lot less messy than feeding fresh food. I've so far tried it on acans, brains, blastos, candy canes, plates, sun corals, elegance and flower anemone with very good feeding response.

Maybe it's too early to tell but colours seem a bit better. Will give it a few more months to make a definite conclusion.

• Like 1

Bro, my lemonpeel started to feed on pellets liao and also started to feed on my plate and my brain

Keep a close lookout of yours beautiful coral beauty ah

Bro you can always donate the fish to me.. If too much damage is done haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• SRC Supporter

Since we are on the topic of food, I thought I would just share a quick review of this lps food I picked up on a whim a few weeks ago.

It's comes in sinking granules which is a lot less messy than feeding fresh food. I've so far tried it on acans, brains, blastos, candy canes, plates, sun corals, elegance and flower anemone with very good feeding response.

Maybe it's too early to tell but colours seem a bit better. Will give it a few more months to make a definite conclusion.

Interesting... isit like pellets and you just leave it on the corals? I just started feeding my green jewel and zoas with reef roids this evening, the zoas closed up after i squirt abit on them.. the green jewel loved it and even the closed polyps opened up and extended out.. but you are right, its very messy with alot of particles floating in the tank.. Do update again if it is going great for you bro~!!

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

Great to hear that there is a good alternative to fresh foods .... intend to get it soon liao

i am using a syringe to blast the mysis onto my Lps and sun corals ... for the pellets how do u manage to target feed? Do u just throw it in or u mix with saltwater then blast it onto ur LPS?

• SRC Member

Interesting... isit like pellets and you just leave it on the corals? I just started feeding my green jewel and zoas with reef roids this evening, the zoas closed up after i squirt abit on them.. the green jewel loved it and even the closed polyps opened up and extended out.. but you are right, its very messy with alot of particles floating in the tank.. Do update again if it is going great for you bro~!!

Reef roids are better for gonios and zoas... These pellets are for bigger lps...

Great to hear that there is a good alternative to fresh foods .... intend to get it soon liao

i am using a syringe to blast the mysis onto my Lps and sun corals ... for the pellets how do u manage to target feed? Do u just throw it in or u mix with saltwater then blast it onto ur LPS?

I usually mix with saltwater in a little cup, so that it sinks and then use this mini turkey baster that I bought from AM to target feed the corals

This is it... Skimz coral feeder...

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/skimz-coral-feeder-2-pack.html

Its useful for blasting the detritus off yr live rocks too

• SRC Supporter

My pink-streaked wrasse is out and about... not as flashy as some other wrasses but its beautiful in its own right...

pinkstreak1-1_zpsc9e66fc0.jpg

pinkstreak2-1_zps7ee9f0cc.jpg

Nice fish bro~! he is supposed to get rid of all the pests if any i assume??

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

• SRC Member

Nice fish bro~! he is supposed to get rid of all the pests if any i assume??

I hope he does... something not as aggressive as a six line and smaller than some other wrasses... took me awhile to find him

• SRC Member

It's a tricolor... You remembered the one you saw at my place? The biggest Birdsnest? That's the same one...

Angel Keeper

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/128217-Angel-Keeper's-5-Feet-Mixed-Reef-Tank

Yes, it looks exactly like yours. Maybe we got it from the same reefer

Nice birdnest coral ... i have seen a huge colony it at a reefer's house last night....

Definitely will get 1 frag too .. Because of the fast growth rate of bn coral, am pondering if it grows into the neighboring digitata, will they kill one another?