All in One Biopellets?

illumnae

• SRC Member

Has anyone used the relatively new All in One Biopellets for some time? It's supposed to be biopellets with phosphate remover baked in, so it has enhanced phosphate removal capabilities. However, to my knowledge, phosphate remover doesn't degrade the same way that biopellets do - phosphate remover gets exhausted and then has to be replaced. Hence, how does this new biopellet work? When the biopellet degrades, does the phosphate remover get sloughed off as dust particles into the tank? When the phosphate remover is exhausted, how does it get removed from the tank? Really curious on the theory behind this new product.

• SRC Member
Has anyone used the relatively new All in One Biopellets for some time? It's supposed to be biopellets with phosphate remover baked in, so it has enhanced phosphate removal capabilities. However, to my knowledge, phosphate remover doesn't degrade the same way that biopellets do - phosphate remover gets exhausted and then has to be replaced. Hence, how does this new biopellet work? When the biopellet degrades, does the phosphate remover get sloughed off as dust particles into the tank? When the phosphate remover is exhausted, how does it get removed from the tank? Really curious on the theory behind this new product.
i read abt this sometime bck but seems like no one talks abt them.

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

• SRC Member

I was told by Ken of Madpetz that the all-in-1 bio pellet actually incorporate the GFO into the pellet. So when the starch get consumed by the bacteria, the GFO is slowly released and absorb the phosphate. The GFO particles are then picked up by your skimmer same like the bacteria.

I was using NP biopellet before switching to the all-in-1. Before that, my skimmate is lighter in tone. After switching to all-in-1, I realized the skimmate color is darker. I believe this is due to the GFO.

Don't ask me whether it is effective or not as I have just started using it. Only time will tell.

Harlequin Mania is using it also

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

I am still a bit sceptical about this all in one biopellets.

The biopellets are essentially carbon source for bacteria.

The bacteria is supposed to bind both nitrate and phosphate, where phosphate is usually the limiting factor as during the binding it needs 4x phosphate molecule to 1 nitrate (if I am not mistaken). Hence, there is no need to add phosphate absorber.

Sometimes, to push for new revenue, the company product manager may come up with "new" product that is just gimmicks that do not really add much value.

I could be wrong, but I just do not see the logic here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Bio sphere same function as bio pellet but goof thing is that this no need reactor, just place near the skimmer where highflow water current will do, but it needs work with powerful skimmer for best performance ( this is wat I heard)

• 1 year later...