at what temp does your tank start sweating?

w3ish3ng

• SRC Member

Yup, maintain delta temp of less than 10 degC or custom make 18mm thick acrylic tank which I personally think its going to look kinda funny plus it cost a bomb.

Cheers,

James

Don't like acrylic, would rather do double pane thick glass then acrylic, used to have a 1ft cube custom made acrylic tank for planted, scratch damn easily

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

I work in wine industry and I notice 2 ways my work counter this(not in tanks though). In our cold room inside 13degree and out 25degree, out glass door is heated so there is no condensation at all.

For our retail shop inside aircon 18degrees to outside no aircon, we place a fan outside blow directly at the glass. Only during rainy days do I notice sweating...

I suggest u try placing a fan directly facing your tank a few days try if this works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advices, hope someone can try it out as I'm still planning for new tank.

If the fan work well during normal days, I believe a dehumidifier will aid it during raining day to prevent sweating.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Infinity tank not easy to deaign. A lot of considerations to think about.

Used to have one for my mini pond and have problem trying balance the tank such that water goes down evening from all edges. Gettig rid of debris in the infinity tank is another big issue altogether.