URGENT: Want to borrow fish trap for brown tang and blue lip angel

Spencer Lim

Hi all,

any kind soul to borrow fish trap to catch 5" power brown and 4" blue lip?

I trying to catch them for couple of days in a 5 feet. and the fish seems to be tricking me.

Swim near the net and when i try to fish it it to turbo off....wah biang..

Need to put them into hospital as it seems like they are developing ich. Got the blue lip qt for 6 weeks le. put in suddenly last than 1 week my brown tang go rub rock.

Otherwise, if you all know how much a aqua medic fish trap cost would be great. I saw the review online seems quite positive and user friendly.

Thanks

• SRC Member

bro

I found a good trick

If you have the quarantine acrylic boxes

Just put it on, open up one side and get the fish use to it for few days

Try to always feed them from inside of the quarantine box. Once they feel comfortable with going in to it, feed them in there and close the side. That's it :)

I caught many fish already this way without the need to chase around.

i got a quarantine acrylic box that is only big enough for my training mandarin. Just went to East ocean and they dont carry and fish trap also. Haiz.

Went to buy their EIHO ICH-EX and try. Non-copper based and was told 1 application is enough too treat the fish. $18 per bottle. Seems like they are the only 1 carrying this product.

Maybe i go and get a piece of glass and DIY to replicate the aqua medic fish trap. Not sure in time anot, cos my tang now abit too much white spot.

still eating and swimming actively though.

• SRC Member

Off your lights at night.. Location of your tank should be pitch dark.. Suddenly on the light they will be stunned and just use a net scoop them out they won't run.. Or move as their stunned.. It's called the blackout tactic works like a charm try it will lessen stress on Them aswell..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

i trapped before. use those iso box i think u have (didnt readtru ur thread). have one edge on the side where the euro bracing open (half) throw mussell, brine shrimps all the goodies) they will swim in. I trapped alot of my fishes like that.

Once they are in flick it and dats it