Recommendation for pH controller

dsam

• SRC Member

bro

PH controller not really necessary.

I follow Deltec calcium reactor guide and not using PH controller at all for my Bubble Magnus CR.

http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/setting-deltec-calcium-reactor

Having said that l, I do have PH probe from my ReefAngel where I can see the tank PH. It does not control my CR though. I use solenoid to make sure that CO2 is cut off when no power.

• SRC Member

Bro tofubox, I was secretly hoping you will reply my thread lol... Have read your tank thread with inspiration. Great tank you have there! What controller you are using then?

PH controller just makes life easy. Thats all. haha. Set n forget.

Bro tofubox, I was secretly hoping you will reply my thread lol... Have read your tank thread with inspiration. Great tank you have there! What controller you are using then?

Haha, thanks bro =D glad u find it useful, if not i update also no point. lol.

I am not using a controller at the moment, made a big mistake on selling off my American pinpoint ph controller when i decommed my 3ft tank mid last yr.

Due to budget constraints, I use an american pin point ph monitor instead, got it 2nd hand for 70bucks, does its job of giving me a digital readout of ph within the cr. But thats about it.

Ideally if ur gonna be travelling alot, and if u dont have a good selonoid/ regulator, a ph controller will suit ur needs best! U set it to come on at this ph, and off when it reaches its lower limit. Prevents a milkshake from forming while ur away and dumping all the kh/ca into ur tank.

As mentioned, some people can do without the ph controller or monitor, but requires more monitoring and testing. Its a useful/helpful equipment to make tuning a whole lot easier for urself, and at the same time, the controller gives an additional benefit of fail safe. I.e Ur regulator decides to just dump c02, the ph controller will switch off the selonoid.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Good advice bro tofubox! Hope to hear more of your tank thread updates. Thanks.

Haha, thanks bro =D glad u find it useful, if not i update also no point. lol. I am not using a controller at the moment, made a big mistake on selling off my American pinpoint ph controller when i decommed my 3ft tank mid last yr. Due to budget constraints, I use an american pin point ph monitor instead, got it 2nd hand for 70bucks, does its job of giving me a digital readout of ph within the cr. But thats about it. Ideally if ur gonna be travelling alot, and if u dont have a good selonoid/ regulator, a ph controller will suit ur needs best! U set it to come on at this ph, and off when it reaches its lower limit. Prevents a milkshake from forming while ur away and dumping all the kh/ca into ur tank. As mentioned, some people can do without the ph controller or monitor, but requires more monitoring and testing. Its a useful/helpful equipment to make tuning a whole lot easier for urself, and at the same time, the controller gives an additional benefit of fail safe. I.e Ur regulator decides to just dump c02, the ph controller will switch off the selonoid.

Oh, one more thing Bro tofubox. May I know what co2 solenoid controller you are using? I am using the OF brand.

I am using a digital carbon doser. Bought it off my tank seller when i bought over hes tank.

http://www.aquariumplants.com/CarbonDoser_Electronic_Co2_Regulator_p/co2.htm

Pretty costly to get first hand + the shipping if u ask me. I was lucky to get it from him.

OF brand regulator works just as well. So dont worry.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Thanks again.

I am using a digital carbon doser. Bought it off my tank seller when i bought over hes tank. http://www.aquariumplants.com/CarbonDoser_Electronic_Co2_Regulator_p/co2.htm'>http://www.aquariumplants.com/CarbonDoser_Electronic_Co2_Regulator_p/co2.htm Pretty costly to get first hand + the shipping if u ask me. I was lucky to get it from him. OF brand regulator works just as well. So dont worry.