My 6x2x1.8 little ocean in front of the ocean

PowderTang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

Hi it's been a very long time since I update my thread 

Since October last year,  I haven't been changing water and feeding the corals,  as well doing parameters testing and adding supplements.. Due to fatigue... So decided to really scale down and keep it simple already.. Don't want to be slave to the tank haha 

Since then, have been just keeping fishes with soft corals. Lost most of my LPS... But anyway,  decided to just concentrate on soft corals. 

Surprisingly,  my bubble corals are very hardly,  despite not feeding them and adding supplements. Funny huh.. 

The only maintenance I do is just cleaning the glass from algae and topping up water... That's all.. 

Fish population still stay the same.. 

The usual Tangs eg. Clown tang, powder Tangs, Sohal Tang ,  purple Tangs,  yellow Tangs,  blue Tangs, sailfin Tangs, naso Tang,  flame angel pair, Moorish idol ( coming to 10 months )... Etc 

My tank is coming to 1 year 3 months only very soon 

I'm also selling my ATI dimmable power module lights if anyone is keen.  Just PM me. 

20160131_142220.jpg

20160131_142227.jpg

20160131_142236.jpg

20160131_142243.jpg

20160131_142250.jpg

20160131_142320.jpg

20160131_142333.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro, tank still looks nice. Ya usually after a year it becomes a chore to maintain LPS thriving. Unless have auto dosing systems, parameters monitoring devices, etc. 

lol.. Agreed.. It's a chore to maintain such a big tank..

Even auto dosing,  also have to refill and replenished.. I became lazy... So decided to skip this... 

But my auto food feeder has to refill quite frequently...so no choice.. This one cannot skip 

Anyway,  am quite contented With the current status lah 

Only dislike changing the filter sock and cleaning the glass every week.. 

• SRC Member

Bro, tank still looks nice. Ya usually after a year it becomes a chore to maintain LPS thriving. Unless have auto dosing systems, parameters monitoring devices, etc. 

lol.. Agreed.. It's a chore to maintain such a big tank..

Even auto dosing,  also have to refill and replenished.. I became lazy... So decided to skip this... 

But my auto food feeder has to refill quite frequently...so no choice.. This one cannot skip 

Anyway,  am quite contented With the current status lah 

Only dislike changing the filter sock and cleaning the glass every week.. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...