Quas111s rainbow reef

Quas111

• SRC Member

After the piping was done yesterday, and water added today morning, my tank is ready for cycling!

Equipment yet to be installed:

Chiller

Lights

Dosing pump

Equipment off:

Skimmer

Zeovit reactor

Aio biopellets

Wavemakers

Equipment running:

Return pump

Fts:

a5539e5a2de9cff5495f686b960846cb.jpg

b7fcd2e57fe1d7be82f80683c25d4c9f.jpg

13301998724001f921d1d199e970f78a.jpg

Only one rock added so far. Theme shall be minimalist so ill probably have 3 islands max. Hard to capture but the rock has a nice shape, perfect for sps placement on the top and acan placement at the side. Zoanthids shall be on the bare bottom surface.

The light from the window is causing a lot of reflection. Issue should go when the lights have been installed

• SRC Member

How does a vinegar jacuzzi removes the phosphate in those dead rocks??

Vinegar removes the whole surface layer of a rock, where the phosphates have been adsorbed during the shipping and storage process. This means that the rock underneath is clean of phosphates and will not pollute the tank. The amount of phosphate adsorbed on the exposed rock should be same as the natural sea level, which i assume is nearly 0

• SRC Member

Another question please , coz I have dead rocks to add to tank. Won't the rocks become brittle after the vinegar soak?

The surface did become a bit brittle but after brushing away all the dirt the brittle parts flaked away and the base rock is hard

• SRC Member

Day 2 of cycle. Tank a bit smelly but nothing much to report as of now. Dosed 2 vials of biodigest yesterday, 1 vial today and turned on skimmer today. Also been dosing zeostart3 to boost bacteria populations. Will be getting my light hanging kit soon, probably tmmr. Finally can test my new pacific sun tubes

• SRC Member

Exciting I'm loving AIO Hahaha

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

dc99ff9975a9772b31cfc83c2d72c985.jpg

My only piece of live rock relaxing in its vinegar jacuzzi. Skipping the chlorox sauna because of time constraints.

The live rock should be free of phosphates by the time im done. I added 7.5 bottles of vinegar to the pail, and ill add 2.5 more bottles when i flip the rock to clean the whole rock

Hi bro,

the rock can straight put inside the tank after soaked with vineger..or at least rinse with water first..

btw did u dry ur rock under the sun..

• SRC Member

Haha i love it too but my only grudge is that it makes the skimmer EXTREMELY smelly, and makes my room smell like shit

Got smell? I don't seem to get the smell leh even when the reactor outlet is into the skimmer inlet

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

the rock can straight put inside the tank after soaked with vineger..or at least rinse with water first..

btw did u dry ur rock under the sun..

I rinsed with water and changed the water in the pail 6 times. I didnt dry it in the sun as i find it pointless. The Bacteria should consume any excess vinegar anyways so im not worried of it leeching into my tank

• SRC Member

love the slanted look for the tank and cant wait to see what u have planned. Bro mind sharing ur sump setup?

Thanks! Ill post some pics of the sump setup soon!

Happy new year everyone!! Initial plan was that the tank would start running fully functional today but due to some delays its still the 4th day of cycling. Dosed 1 capsule of probidio again. Still have 6 days to wait before the 10 day cycle is completed. Good things to note is that tank doesnt smell like ammonia anymore, and skimmer is skimming like mad already. Dark brownish black skimmate and a full cup within a week, with the vomit inducing AIO smell from the cup haha.

I plan to start all my wavemakers soon, so the water can circulate properly. Only the wp25 is on now on else mode and its creating a crazy ammount of waves and turbulence. The challenge shall start when the sps come in

One note to take is that I noticed my tank water is less viscous from my previous setup, so moving water is 100 times easier for the wave maker. Could it have been due to no water change for 8 months?

• SRC Member

Much prefer your this setup compared to the last. Already know its going be much better.

The master has spoken thanks! Haha i wont repeat the same fatal mistakes as last time

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Long time no update! Exams coming so i have lesser time now to deal with my tank!

Some picture updates

------------------------------------

b196bfbfdc6ea82bf2bba5dc70c68045.jpg

Fts

b20949e2a98a8f1ed29714a268fc10ff.jpg

Coloring up sps i got from Joe P 6 months ago

c22ecb0730d31a0e802872c38bd47f9f.jpg

Nana sps making a comeback

bce6901da92a291663b0d83da3655115.jpg

Beautiful desawi a friend helped me save when my old tank crashed

41300acee10c33762176044353609248.jpg

Unorganized zoa acan bed

37e9d13e3abbd8d58d8e7a96bc1adade.jpg

Fields of green cos my tank is still cycling!