Reef of Eternity

Snoopyhamburger

• SRC Member

by atlantis, do you mean Atlantic Glass Industry?

As much as you do not want to hear, no matter what kind of ventillation you got there, the chiller will not last long. The chiller needs to be outside in open space. Unless u spend money build a ventillation fan that draws big amount of air out of your cabinet.

As for without skimmer, Its possible if you are going for mainly LPS/zoas. But skimmerless and no water change will not work. Those are crap advices. I thought you've been reefing for some time? you should know all thsese..

Ik their advice is full of crap..will probably get external skimmer and shift the chiller.

Thanks!

steak pls

My 1st tank also done by them. In the end i decided to throw away and redo after 3mth. Same thing they said no need water change, skimmer & chiller. Provide 2blue n 1 white normal t5. Waste time n money.

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99

Chaeto Refugium

2 x T5

• SRC Member

I think he meant Atlantis. Hmm.. Well I think enough have been said about them. So I shall not add on more.

Snoopy .. The picture of the compartment Under ur tank is the only compartment available or are there other compartments?

My suggestion would be for u to take the chiller out of that space and use that extra space for a bigger sump tank. This will solve Ur skimmer placement issue. Budget may be tight but since cycling will take at least the next 1-2months. Use that time to save money for a good skimmer. Can camp at pasar malam for one too. Skimmer is not needed during cycling so no worries about that.

Place Ur chiller outside of the cabinet and pipe it through the ventilation holes in the cabinet. I'm sure the thing covering the slot in the wood can be removed. This will give it a lot more ventilation and honestly, way better cooling power.

Will def place the chiller outside..

Thanks!

steak pls

• SRC Member

If skimmer, is not compulsary if not keeping SPS.

You can look at ah beng sump tank. At the display tank.

he dont put skimmer or any other equipment, only pump

Ah beng has access to saltwater 24/7 for water change and his total system volume is very big. He also has a fast coral turnover rate. He sells corals. Dont compare apple to oranges even if they look similar

• SRC Member

Sure anot?Unless you yourself never put skimmer with tank tread to show.

I rather has a oversize skimmer,one of the important equipment in reefing.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

if your talking about a pico I would agree but for that size I will disagree skimmers are one of the most important equips **The Heart of Thr System*

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

by atlantis, do you mean Atlantic Glass Industry?

As much as you do not want to hear, no matter what kind of ventillation you got there, the chiller will not last long. The chiller needs to be outside in open space. Unless u spend money build a ventillation fan that draws big amount of air out of your cabinet.

As for without skimmer, Its possible if you are going for mainly LPS/zoas. But skimmerless and no water change will not work. Those are crap advices. I thought you've been reefing for some time? you should know all thsese..

I think he is referring to Atlantis @ IMM.

If he did some research there are some past negative threads about them.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

Years ago, when I was exploring getting a new tank for the home, I saw the setup by At @ IMM where they told me the Cyanobacteria in their entire tank was coralline algae. I might have started reefing not long before that but I knew the differences between the two. There was also a lot of other misleading information from them and I felt they were dishonest and unreliable then. It's surprising that they actually survived and are still around doing this con business.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

Years ago, when I was exploring getting a new tank for the home, I saw the setup by At @ IMM where they told me the Cyanobacteria in their entire tank was coralline algae. I might have started reefing not long before that but I knew the differences between the two. There was also a lot of other misleading information from them and I felt they were dishonest and unreliable then. It's surprising that they actually survived and are still around doing this con business.

Totally agreed. Many years back in 2008-2009 there were many negative reviews on their wall mount tanks and bad service. Most of the newer members here don't know who are the non reputable shops anymore. I believe they can still survive by 'conning' gullible people like TS.

This shop falls under the same category as the shops at PS & TM. Best to avoid unless you like being scammed.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Totally agreed. Many years back in 2008-2009 there were many negative reviews on their wall mount tanks and bad service. Most of the newer members here don't know who are the non reputable shops anymore. I believe they can still survive by 'conning' gullible people like TS.

This company falls under the same category as the shops at PS & TM. Best to avoid unless you like being scammed.

Haha, do u still remember the three inches wide wall frame tank...

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

Hi TS, the tank maker u go to is it the Atlantic glass industry next to GO or the Altantis aquatic, renovation/ID shop at IMM?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

This shop falls under the same category as the shops at PS & TM. Best to avoid unless you like being scammed.

Their tank designs and concepts are based solely on visual, designer stand point.

The IOS or sump are totally impractical to support the whole system and the well being of the fish and corals. If you notice their display tanks though the years has not changed much EXCEPT for the fish and basic corals ( can't sustain ). I think the only consolation is the cylinder tank which I think has little success in keeping those clown fish and anemone but again not sure did they keep replacing the clowns since they are the normal type which look the same.

Hi Firestarter,

What shops are the PS & TM?

Raynaz

• SRC Member
Hi Firestarter,

What shops are the PS & TM?

Raynaz

Hi Raynaz, there are a few 'scam' shops around. PS, TM, and 'Blue signboard' are a few of the lingo that were used last time to associate these shops to avoid. Most of the scam shops have since closed down after cashing in on the nemo craze.There are also 1-2 sponsors here which I avoid (they being protected by this forum - so no open negative comments allowed on them). Best is to keep a lookout and do your own research...

Do a search in the forums, I can't specifically mention names here and neither should anyone too. (There was a thread here that lead to a legal defamation case years ago).

So guys, please be aware and watch out what you say here.