Alex's Home Tank

alexcyf

nice! time to put some zoas in ur tank. keke

I have some! But recently found some nudis in side, took out all of them for fresh water dip and a lot more came up. Placed all my zoas in my refugium and put a wrasse there to do some hunting.. Only just I placed them back in DT. Gonna wait awhile first before I splurge on zoas man

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

Wow your black sun is definitely one of a kind. Loving the unique shape haha. Chio!

Haha yeah, got it Becuz of e shape too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Very nice! Your tank looks very well organized & neat, placement of corals also balanced out. Nice colors too! 

thanks bro! Hope it stays this way :) still a "young" tank. Hopefully won't suffer from many setbacks!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice macro shots!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 2 weeks later...

Was looking my old thread and realised that my green stag has grown quite alot in 6 months! Will be looking out for some more sps photos before and after comparison . Here's the one on my stag :)

image.jpg

Edited by alexcyf

• SRC Member
Was looking my old thread and realised that my green stag has grown quite alot in 6 months! Will be looking out for some more sps photos before and after comparison . Here's the one on my stag

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2015_09/image.jpg.0c055c5c09dc49fe650099dfcd4d142f.jpg

Nice growth rate!

• SRC Member

image.thumb.jpg.7ec1f3cabd3c1f801365921eEmbarking on a new project to unlock personal milestone!! Would love to hear more opinions about culturing plankton n rotifers :)

niceeeee! More updates pls. I will like to learn more abt it though im too lazy to do it myself hahaha

niceeeee! More updates pls. I will like to learn more abt it though im too lazy to do it myself hahaha

sure! When I am sure that the culture is multiplying, not dying haha!

Set up my livecam a few days ago as I have observed symptoms that my Picassos are ready to lay eggs! They have just laid eggs couple of weeks ago. Managed to catch them live doing their business! The first video shows them busy doing last minute preparations cleaning the surface, a few minutes before the female starts to lay the eggs! 

My clownfish laying eggs!! Was so excited to see it on livecam, but was so disappointed when I reached home to see that there's only 1 egg on their terracotta home.. If you see clearly, as the female lay the eggs, some of the eggs are blown away.. Is the flow too fast? (they are housed in my refugium) or because of the coraline algae on the terracotta?? or is it because they are still very noob?? Its their 2nd time laying eggs..

Would love to have comments such that maybe 2 weeks later, their eggs will stick..

• Like 1

May I ask what fertilizers do you use for the culture?

this is e part I'm not very sure of. Using a fresh water plant fertilizer now. Any recommendation?