Shrimp survival rate

• SRC Member

when u release ur shrimp, don't release them at the top of ur tank. shrimp cannot swim they can only dive. so when ur shrimp is released on the top of ur tank, it dive down too quickly that the pressure causes their shell to crack. heard this from jasmine at sea life aquarium

when u release ur shrimp, don't release them at the top of ur tank. shrimp cannot swim they can only dive. so when ur shrimp is released on the top of ur tank, it dive down too quickly that the pressure causes their shell to crack. heard this from jasmine at sea life aquarium

Serious?

Few hours maybe too much as I only acclimate for abt 30mins Max for shrimps.

Hv 2 big cleaner shrimps n 3 sexy shrimps for abt 9mths, still surviving.

Eh .. ya .. I agree that 30mins is not enough. The point is to drip enough tank water into the bag until the water in the bag is as close to that of the tank as possible.

• SRC Member

Skunk, fire, peppermint, sexy and anemone shrimps are ok together. Don't fight each other. Except when feeding time, skunk and fire tend to snatch each other's food. Banded shrimps also tried, more ferocious than the rest stated, but still living together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skunk, fire, peppermint, sexy and anemone shrimps are ok together. Don't fight each other. Except when feeding time, skunk and fire tend to snatch each other's food. Banded shrimps also tried, more ferocious than the rest stated, but still living together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing

Hi, not sure if this thread is done but, i bought a skunk cleaner last 4 days, i read online from another foreign forum, and follow this acclimatization method. I acclimatize my shrimp.for 2.5hrs with the first hour added 100ml of tank water everu 15 mins. And second hour and a half i remove 100ml of the bag water and add another 100ml of tank water. Its been 4 days and my skunk shrimp is doing fine and is eating the fallen pellet on sand bed during feeding. :)