what brand of copper

marine reefer

• SRC Member

How much to pour for a 5x2.5x2.5 ft tank??

Bro, u need copper testkit..different Reefer different tactics of dosing..some go for stronger dosage for shorter period of time..best n safer range is 0.3-0.5..for my 800L, I dose 20ml daily for 3 days (measured 0.3) for 2 weeks, then wc 40-50%..keep for another 2 weeks, then wc 40-50% again..this is the norm unless fish condition worsen then more wc will b the best bet.. :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

Seachem cupramine..my best medication for FOWLR..won't leech to rocks too..

How did you discover that it will not leech to rocks ?

I have used that before and I did do anything to remove it except consistent water change.

So until today, I do not know if my Rocks has Copper ....

• SRC Member

How did you discover that it will not leech to rocks ?

I have used that before and I did do anything to remove it except consistent water change.

So until today, I do not know if my Rocks has Copper ....

My rocks can keep inverts like snails, starfish, anemone & shrimps, so I think cupramine dun leech on rocks..Need a lot of wc to remove the copper though..

After extensive wc & testkit tested clear, u can try keeping some inverts n see if they can survive anot..with copper, they will shrink n rip..

With corals & inverts, definately cannot dose cupramine..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

My rocks can keep inverts like snails, starfish, anemone & shrimps, so I think cupramine dun leech on rocks..Need a lot of wc to remove the copper though..

After extensive wc & testkit tested clear, u can try keeping some inverts n see if they can survive anot..with copper, they will shrink n rip..

With corals & inverts, definately cannot dose cupramine..

I'll try.

Contribution: I use Cupramine by Sea Chem too.

Works well for me.

Seachem Cupramine is by far the safest copper medication to treat Ich and other parasites. I usually dose to level of 0.3 for 2 weeks, redosing every water change to maintain the concentration. Usually fish will b cleared of whitespot on 3rd day, but will still continue the treatment to kill off those free swimming ones. You need a reliable testkit too, I find Salifert and Seachem testkits to be the best. Though I prefer Seachem as it easier to read, but not as easily available compare to Salifert... On a side note, my skunk cleaner shrimp survived 2 bouts of 0.3 copper treatment.

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

I think most will testify that Sea Chem Cupramine works well...

COPPERPLUSPURPLEUP_zpsef402399.jpg

I would also like to use the Sea Chem TEst Kit but I have never see it before in local shops ...

I bought mine from Iwarna, but I dun think they have any more stocks now... probly need to ask them to bring in when time comes... ime, I think its alot easier to read compare to Salifert ones as the results from Salifert ones varies alot depending on your ambient light.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

Sharing my personal experience here on seacherm copper treatment on my QT tank.Although there was numerous rumors on the internet that copper will stain the filter media and glass after treatment. Personal experience tell me that it is safe to even re use the whole tank including the filter media, live rock after the treatment for corals or invert. I tested this twice on my own QT tank without removing any filter media after the treatment, all i did was to do a major water change after treatment , put in some carbon and let the copper dilute itself after about few week before opening up the tank for use again. Before placing the the corals back in, i tested with polyfilter and show no more trace of copper.

However, this has only been proven on seacherm cupramine copper. For other brand of copper, try at your own risk .

Does Carbon has the power to absorb the Copper?

Seachem has a product called Cuprasorb. Its used solely to remove copper(cupramine, other brands I'm not sure). Just another copper removing alternative... but not common in SG, so far I only seen it once but forgetten at which LFS. Personally, I dun use carbon, I find that carbon comes with its own risk... many water changes works for me.