Need urgent advice on my clam

mi_edmund

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi Guys, I'm new to Marine keeping. I am currently still cycling my 4 feet tank, and keeping clams is one of my chosen option. However, I see that there can be rather stringent criterias I need to watch and take care of before I keep one. Can someone please gide me to successful clam keeping? I only wish to keep easy clams, for variety purpose, not those expensive clams... Can someone guide me how to feed a clam too? And what to feed as well. Thanks.

• SRC Member

Hi Guys, I'm new to Marine keeping. I am currently still cycling my 4 feet tank, and keeping clams is one of my chosen option. However, I see that there can be rather stringent criterias I need to watch and take care of before I keep one. Can someone please gide me to successful clam keeping? I only wish to keep easy clams, for variety purpose, not those expensive clams... Can someone guide me how to feed a clam too? And what to feed as well. Thanks.

Big clam -> good light good water esp ca

Small clam -> plus feed feather filter food.

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

Yes Ca is important for keeping clam. Need to dose ca. Mine keep at 400 above for ca and all 4 of them doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My calcium was 500 last Sat, although I haven't keep a clam yet, I believe other LPS corals does consume abit of everything also, right?

Is keeping Calcium at 500 alright for LPS and Clams keeping? How about fishes? Will 500 Ca give problems to fishes and shrimps?

• 2 months later...