What type of sps consider deep sea? And how deep in the sea can find?

Managed to get a pic of the elusive deepwater snowypora species.

attachicon.gifIMG-20150212-WA0001.jpg

Whether its some rare deepwater sps I'm not sure, but paying so much for a white sps, it should be extremely rare indeed. Just pray that it doesn't turn into tonga rock. :)

Wow! Bro fire starter!! I'm impressed. how U get this pic? It was my hand holding the lovingly sps. Yes this gem is now in my tank waiting to be transferred to another tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Wow! Bro fire starter!! I'm impressed. how U get this pic? It was my hand holding the lovingly sps. Yes this gem is now in my tank waiting to be transferred to another tank

Patrick, that snowypora photo is being circulated around. I think it even made it to RC.

Maybe you can give some feedback on the white sps that you bought. Can you confirm if its a deepwater sps or not? Is it still alive and white or already turned into tonga rock?

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

Patrick, that snowypora photo is being circulated around. I think it even made it to RC.

Maybe you can give some feedback on the white sps that you bought. Can you confirm if its a deepwater sps or not? Is it still alive and white or already turned into tonga rock?

Bro yes I brought this sps however I don't have a better choice. Deep water or not I don't know but I did overhead people saying its ssc!

Anyway it's a long story if bros here want to know. If not just skip this post.

in due respect to the forum and the reefing community I will not mention names

Why did I buy that sps? I don't have a better choice.

It all happen during one of the aussie shipment where a cherry blossom sps was brought in by them. 3a12dfe32c7fa935a0e82d65254164bf.jpg this pic was send to me and it got me excited. I forward to my friend and he also like it very much and ask me to help him reserve at the price of $388

However when the shipment arrival actual color of the sps was totally off from the pic. But as a verbal agreement a reserve is a reserve. And as reefers, we all know pic and actual animal may not be the same due to shipment stress etc. There will always be a certain degree of differences that we have to accept before committing to Lfs to do reservation.

So paid and bring the cherry home. Eventually it was brought back to them as the color was way too different to be consider acceptable imo. And I have to be fair to my friend who trusted me.

He(LFS) was gentleman enough to accept it but tell me he won't be able to give me a refund but promise that the next shipment he will return me one.

Which was fine to me as I didn't want to make things difficult. And he also told me that the next aussie shipment there will be cherry blossom. So I agreed and wait. In between the wait for his aussie shipment, I visit him a couple of times to continue supporting his indo sps shipment and during one of the conversation he confidently tell me his next aussie shipment will have cherry blossom that looks EXACTLY like the pic he send out..

So came this shipment, nothing was mentioned until I ask him where is the cherry blossom? Answer?? A simple never come in. I wasn't sure if he was really very busy or... but I felt like I was treated as if I'm transparent.

MAYBE only Ah... my guess at that point $388 already in pocket Nmind him. Attend to others to take do more sales first!!

I have to go offer him a solution which is in exchange for a SSC as I see no point in delaying anymore. So I asked him for the $388 that was already paid months ago which ssc can be use for a replacement. After some searching he show me this b3a68bbfa8804a84734df10269c3550e.jpg

I was totally dumb folded. I really felt I was being treated like a trashed. The money I paid was hell note I assume.

Not acceptable at all, I ask him for the price of a bigger pcs which is the pic firestarter posted for $488. So I top up $100 more to get this bigger pcs of ssc.

While this was settle, I wasn't happy how he treated me as "friend" or as a customer.

So I decided to give him a farewell purchase. 1 pcs of rainbow natsuta 63bd9e3e9b2abf26ff3c8ccbcd788f88.jpg plus 2 set of hydra.

To this LFS i hope u are reading this, this is so much for treating me the way U think its right. It doesn't matter, you are not the only one that can bring in sps. I can bring my money elsewhere or I can also bring the money to other hobby.

is it ac? cos he post a lot of nice sps recently. other lfs didn't post so nice sps. and u bought hydra also. other lfs didn't sell hydra with sps shipment one leh. I might be wrong. but really sorry u encounter this bad experience... happy cny in advanced. a new year start ahead...

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

is it ac? cos he post a lot of nice sps recently. other lfs didn't post so nice sps. and u bought hydra also. other lfs didn't sell hydra with sps shipment one leh. I might be wrong. but really sorry u encounter this bad experience... happy cny in advanced. a new year start ahead...

Ac=Aircon bro? System 2 or 3 hehe anyway thank you bro but like i say in due respect to the forum, the reefing community and the other nice people in that particular Lfs I won't be mentioning names.

I believe tonga branches looks nicer then that. Sad to say , having the LFS to sell already so many pieces of such sps to other reefers . It's just unfair and under such circumstances , letting the buyer to be " pai seh" to not buy after reserving . I think the lfs should step up in their service , provide more REALISTIC images of the sps to be sold. Also false information for deep water species of sps , i mean come on , it's just unfair for newbie reefers like myself to buy and end up having to try to keep it alive? We should do something about this , and with due respect to the forum , no criticizing of anybody , BUT just a POV .,

Tank dimension : 3ft x 2ft x 1.5ft
Lighting : Maxspect R240R 160k
Filtration : Sicce External Filter
Wave Maker : Jebao WP 25 x 2
Skimmer : Reef Octopus BH 1000 HOB

Currently new to reefing.. Will upgrade to a bigger tank and have a better system !

One quote i would like to share to all
~Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.

• SRC Member

How is that white sps even alive? The coralite indicated it was never deep sea.. Seriously how can any lfs think they can even sell that sps? And that rainbow nasuta is white too.. Both are as good as dead.. Having to pay 488 for that so call white ssc is as good as just throwing away.. Does that lfs not have any ethics at all?

• Like 1

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

Patrick, i feel sorry for you, really. Having to spend $488 on white snowypora corals, mislabelled as deepwater sps that are near dead is truly unethical of that lfs. Hope you at least had a "positive zest reefing experience" there. I also hope that newbies like kohmarine will learn and not fall for such scams.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Bro yes I brought this sps however I don't have a better choice. Deep water or not I don't know but I did overhead people saying its ssc!

Anyway it's a long story if bros here want to know. If not just skip this post.

in due respect to the forum and the reefing community I will not mention names

Why did I buy that sps? I don't have a better choice.

It all happen during one of the aussie shipment where a cherry blossom sps was brought in by them. 3a12dfe32c7fa935a0e82d65254164bf.jpg this pic was send to me and it got me excited. I forward to my friend and he also like it very much and ask me to help him reserve at the price of $388

However when the shipment arrival actual color of the sps was totally off from the pic. But as a verbal agreement a reserve is a reserve. And as reefers, we all know pic and actual animal may not be the same due to shipment stress etc. There will always be a certain degree of differences that we have to accept before committing to Lfs to do reservation.

So paid and bring the cherry home. It Eventually it was brought back to them as the color was way too different to be consider acceptable imo. And I have to be fair to my friend who trusted me.

He(LFS) was gentleman enough to accept it but tell me he won't be able to give me a refund but promise that the next shipment he will return me one.

Which was fine to me as I didn't want to make things difficult. And he also told me that the next aussie shipment there will be cherry blossom. So I agreed and wait. In between the wait for his aussie shipment, I visit him a couple of times to continue supporting his indo sps shipment and during one of the conversation he confidently tell me his next aussie shipment will have cherry blossom that looks EXACTLY like the pic he send out..

So came this shipment, nothing was mentioned until I ask him where is the cherry blossom? Answer?? A simple never come in. I wasn't sure if he was really very busy or... but I felt like I was treated as if I'm transparent.

MAYBE only Ah... my guess at that point $388 already in pocket Nmind him. Attend to others to take do more sales first!!

I have to go offer him a solution which is in exchange for a SSC as I see no point in delaying anymore. So I asked him for the $388 that was already paid months ago which ssc can be use for a replacement. After some searching he show me this b3a68bbfa8804a84734df10269c3550e.jpg

I was totally dumb folded. I really felt I was being treated like a trashed. The money I paid was hell note I assume.

Not acceptable at all, I ask him for the price of a bigger pcs which is the pic firestarter posted for $488. So I top up $100 more to get this bigger pcs of ssc.

While this was settle, I wasn't happy how he treated me as "friend" or as a customer.

So I decided to give him a farewell purchase. 1 pcs of rainbow natsuta 63bd9e3e9b2abf26ff3c8ccbcd788f88.jpg plus 2 set of hydra.

To this LFS i hope u are reading this, this is so much for treating me the way U think its right. It doesn't matter, you are not the only one that can bring in sps. I can bring my money elsewhere or I can also bring the money to other hobby.

sorry to hear what happened to you. I guess many of us here knew which LFS. I'll certainly bring my business else where. I would certainly create a din and shame him infront of his customers (if i am in your situation )

• SRC Member

Thanks bro Patrick for sharing your encounter.

This is truly unbecoming, the picture sent to you and the actual really too much difference. It is because of black sheeps like this which causes many to label this hobby an expensive one, newbie Kenna chop one time and die.

Newbies like myself and believed many others reading silently have benefited greatly from the experience. Think many will open eyes big the next time "snowypora" is being mentioned.

Shadow Walkers's 4 ft Shallow Reef Chronicles

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC7

Chiller: Hailea 1/4 HS66A

Lights: T5 4 tubes ATI + Maxspect Glaive Led

Refugium with Liverocks and Cheato and lots of pods

Refugium light: Par38 Full spectrum

Return pump: Hailea HX6540..stupid pump so noisy

Wavemaker: Maxspect Gyre 130

• SRC Member

Ac=Aircon bro? System 2 or 3 hehe anyway thank you bro but like i say in due respect to the forum, the reefing community and the other nice people in that particular Lfs I won't be mentioning names.

Bro we feel your pain. If i spend $488 in snowpora i will be pissed too. Dont worry abt mentioning names. I think 80% of the reefing committee here already knew or would have guessed the name by now. For the rest of the 20% if u want to know can pm me or anyone of us and we are glad to share the info. Afterall forum is about sharing information whether good or bad. Isnt it?

• SRC Member

I believe tonga branches looks nicer then that. Sad to say , having the LFS to sell already so many pieces of such sps to other reefers . It's just unfair and under such circumstances , letting the buyer to be " pai seh" to not buy after reserving . I think the lfs should step up in their service , provide more REALISTIC images of the sps to be sold. Also false information for deep water species of sps , i mean come on , it's just unfair for newbie reefers like myself to buy and end up having to try to keep it alive? We should do something about this , and with due respect to the forum , no criticizing of anybody , BUT just a POV .,

I think this thing about reservation is overrated. Are we obligated to buy something that look completely different from the photo just because we have made a reservation? I know I would not.

• SRC Supporter

I think to be fair to all LFS and not this particular LFS in question.

I believe reservation on livestock is out of goodwill from the LFS owner.

Reservation on livestock should definitely be honoured in many circumstances (eg, except when u reserved a goby and he presented you a clownfish) because LFS take the risk of keeping/reserving the livestock for us while we try our best to make time to collect the livestock as soon as we can. A very high risk if no deposit has been collected or requested due to good will from the LFS owner. Anything can happen to the livestock while its sitting in the tank waiting for collection and the LFS could have sold the livestock to other reefer before the livestock dies due to unforeseen/unknown reasons.

We should honour our reservations on livestock with honourable LFS to experience a better reefing experience..

No offence to anyone or any case in particular. Just my thoughts on livestock reservation...

Cheers~!

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

Yes bro dinGdinG, i agree with you on honouring our reservation or bids to be fair to the other party. But in this case regarding the deep sea snowypora, IMO i feel that our fellow reefer got chopped until very deep. I respect him for still being able to honour his deal. Seriously to me it's not about the amount of money lost but really damn paisay to get treated by lfs in this way. If me i might go get myself drunk first.