My new marine tank

Immanuel Tan

• SRC Member

Hi guys. This is my 1st time owning a marine tank.I have upgraded from fresh water to marine. Please give me some feed back. Would like to learn more as I am onli a beginner. The pic shows what I have done.

post-24657-0-94156600-1424102255_thumb.jpost-24657-0-36805000-1424102398_thumb.jpost-24657-0-39092700-1424102432_thumb.j

Edited by immanuel

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask how big is ur tank? Doesn't look Nano to me & that hydrometer is gonna be there permanently? I hope not.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Good setup. I like the way you organised your 2 returns and positioning of wavemaker for a 2 feet. You have done your homework well. Maybe after a full cycling and a stronger light set , you are good to give a try on LPS. I used to have a similar setup and i used 3 units of Par38.

• SRC Member

Bro, im also a fresh water jumper. Started 3weeks back. I bought live rock from lfs.

I found some creatures on my liverocks and tot its cool cos its like a free gift from buying liverocks.

After posting it in sgreefclub, to my horrow its bery bad creatures, mantis shrimp and bobbit worms.

If u using liverock from lfs, look through it, see the holes got hidden creatures anot.

Alot bros here ask me quickly remove as they will eat corals and fishes.

• SRC Member

Hi bro... welcome to the nano reef club... Nice scape you have there. Lots of potential.

Sometimes, just looking is not enough, some of these buggers are very good at hiding. I soaked my liverock from the lfs in distilled water for couple of days and a bunch of worms fell out.

4032134229021418s_zpsx5nrshsi.JPG

• SRC Member

Yes it's from fresh n marine. Have been running around singapore to look for tank. But still prefer this tank.

Have been doing research online and with friends on marine tank before I buy.

I cycle my tank only for 10days. With live rocks, live sand and got the water and some ceremic rings from my friends tank with bacteria dose from ah beng.

I have been checking every morning for pest hitchhiker. Have removed 2 worms and a slug with my pincers. And still monitoring everyday.

I am still look for black common clown but sold out at most shop. Must wait till after cny.

Edited by immanuel

2 feet tank. I just wanna see how much the sg change when water evaporate. After I have all the figures I will remove it.

Wow, from that size of the clown fishes I thought its a 4 footer. Anyway if u gonna add another type of clown, there's a chance they might fight with ur existing pair or the newcomer will get bullied.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

I have a ghost skimmer at the back. And the pump is come together with the tank. And 2 cartridge of 3 layer filter sponge. 1 on the left and one on the right.

Haha. Singapore have trick eye museum but I have trick eye fish tank. I have ask few of the shop abt putting orange and black ocellaris clown. They say it's ok. But try to get smaller size black. If other kind of clown then cannot. My friend also told me this. Hopefully it works. Cos my daughter realli likes the orange clown but I like the black clown.

Bro,

To get rid of critters in the liverocks, the easiest way for me is to soak them in freshwater for about 10-20 mins. A lot of these worms etc would crawl out and die right before your eyes. It's better this than putting the liverocks into the tank and monitoring them from outside.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

Bro,

To get rid of critters in the liverocks, the easiest way for me is to soak them in freshwater for about 10-20 mins. A lot of these worms etc would crawl out and die right before your eyes. It's better this than putting the liverocks into the tank and monitoring them from outside.

Thanks. Learn something new. Will try that if I gonna add rocks in future.

• SRC Member

Bro,

Bro, that time i put in fresh water the bobbit crowl out but ah i use thong to kiap it, it breaks into 2 then the half of it went back in the hole.

Till now the half still alive inside.. Im gonna dip it again in fresh water to let it crawl out fully.

• SRC Member

Bro, that time i put in fresh water the bobbit crowl out but ah i use thong to kiap it, it breaks into 2 then the half of it went back in the hole.

Till now the half still alive inside.. Im gonna dip it again in fresh water to let it crawl out fully.

just Google bobbit. It looks ugly. Till now I don't see such in my tank. Maybe I am lucky. I don't get it.