Is my anemone dying?

Davian Pepper

• SRC Member

6C7EAFAB-43D3-432B-873A-B5515554879C_zps

D86C440C-A2F4-434D-8D70-35A3CC685E6B_zps

Another question ah. My zoas dunnk why hor squashing afaints my tank. I think fell down abit due tk slight current wave ah.

Like this they ok anot? Or i have to replace then? Looks like squash against the lift glass in a squeesy singapore lift.

• SRC Supporter

Is your anemone in contact with the Zoa? If so, provide some space so they don't touch.

I had a similar experience where the anemone's foot grabbed onto some zoa and started to look thin/frail after a few days.

I suspect it could be affected by the Zoa's toxins.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member

Is your anemone in contact with the Zoa? If so, provide some space so they don't touch.

I had a similar experience where the anemone's foot grabbed onto some zoa and started to look thin/frail after a few days.

I suspect it could be affected by the Zoa's toxins.

Yes, initially i wash tank i release the anemone, it float and landed on the zoas, then he face down on the zoas head in for 2days.. Now he moved away from the zoas. Maybe he dio toxin?

• SRC Member

Dont u think it looks like.. Anus? When i buy the mouth looks close and thight leh

Its bleaching. Take a small piece of prawn and use chopstick to see a feeding response. If never respond, on the way to up lorry.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Its bleaching. Take a small piece of prawn and use chopstick to see a feeding response. If never respond, on the way to up lorry.

I tried feed it frozen scallop. No movement. It become small sour plum. Like very small size liao since i came home

• SRC Member

I tried feed it frozen scallop. No movement. It become small sour plum. Like very small size liao since i came home

alright. dont touch it already but keep a lookout on it. once it starts floating about or it starts shrinking for a whole day or two, you have to pull it out before it gets into your wavemaker and you get anemone juice.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

alright. dont touch it already but keep a lookout on it. once it starts floating about or it starts shrinking for a whole day or two, you have to pull it out before it gets into your wavemaker and you get anemone juice.

Can i pluck it out to put in a isolation tank to ICU it. I go get a internal hang on isolation cube thingy?

• SRC Member

thats normal behaviour for anemone.

as I mentioned, ur anemone is bleaching. usually a one way process. if u suspect its affected by the zoas, run carbon to reduce chemical warfare.

all the best. usually when ur anemone look like that, as I mentioned, on the way to anemone heaven liao.