Water Change and Pump Back Direct System

Bulldozer

• SRC Member

Wanted to do Gravel Cleaning.

Does anyone knows where to purchase the System whereby it Suck out the Water while I clean the Sand Bed and Concurrently, it pumps the water back to my Display Tank?

I do not wish to use the typical pump out into pail method and later, I have to pour back or replace the display tank with new water.

I understand there is such a portable pump system where it Suck and Pump Back immediately.

Any gurus here to advise ?

Thanks

NOTE: It is purely for me to Clean the Gravel and NOT water change ... I just wish to clean the Gravel now & then.

• SRC Member

Bro, u can run a hose to ur sump..one end suck ur gravel, the other end go to a filter sock in ur sump..use back the same water..cheers :)

I just did that.

Cannot find anything to secure tightly my ed of hose at sump tank .... Water Splashes big time all over.

Sob .... LOL

• SRC Member

I'm using this Eheim gravel cleaner.....

http://youtu.be/90Wur-eAfpQ

Ah ............... Yeah !!!!

1. So is it useful? How do you rate it ?

2. Suction strong ??

3. Where to buy ?

Looks good. Easy to Store too ..

My wife Nags at those Pipings all over the washing yard.

• SRC Member

I just did that.

Cannot find anything to secure tightly my ed of hose at sump tank .... Water Splashes big time all over.

Sob .... LOL

Bro, ur hose not long enough issit?..the sump end go into a sock n push in deeper..the other end must have free play to prevent u from pulling out while moving ard the gravel..cheers :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Supporter

I've used the Eheim gravel cleaner. Quite expensive though. In the range of S$90 to $100+ at LFS (eg. C328)

It works great for bigger things like chucks of food & shit. But it does make the water cloudy for a while. I'm not sure of the mesh filter size (i.e. ?? microns)

I've also used an old canister filter from my old freshwater setup to clean my saltwater tank & sump.

Filled it up with wool to trap debris. One end to suck stuff out. The end goes right back into the tank. About $20+ at LFS.

Quite a clumsy setup but works.

boyu_ef05_miniex.jpg

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• 4 weeks later...