Finally after 10 years, a new beginning!

hansolo

Totally forgot about nitrates. Just did a test and it seems like it's 50 mg/l. Cycle over in a week?!

49b6c111bfc175e4d97eacf7b65d6fc5.jpg

Haha don't worry. That's about 5ppm. Reading from the side needs to divide by ten, it's for low measurement. For the standard reading. View colour from the top.

5ml isn't too bad :)

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

• SRC Member

How much must ammonia spike for you to feel comfortable with the bacteria population in a tank? I just put a normal sized market prawn into the tank, cut into 5 pieces over a week ago. Now they have disintegrated and decomposed I assume. But ammonia spike only at 0.5mg/l. Maybe for a 5x2x2 I need to put more dead prawns?

• SRC Member

Hi everyone,

After a 10-year hiatus, I’m finally getting back into the hobby. I’ve followed many threads on this forum and I am encouraged by how helpful this community is. I’m also amazed at how things have changed over the years in terms of technology, expertise and even exotic tastes, e.g. I never knew what a Picasso clown was until recently.

:thumbsup: