AIO Tank

badsector

• SRC Member

Better to have mechanical filter as first compartment so as not to overload the skimmer.

i saw most ppl putting it at the first compartment in their sump. not sure why also

had an overkill skimmer for it. hopefully it works fine.

i'm actually most worried about the water level. Not totally confident the water level on my sketch in theory works the same.

• SRC Member

i saw most ppl putting it at the first compartment in their sump. not sure why also

had an overkill skimmer for it. hopefully it works fine.

i'm actually most worried about the water level. Not totally confident the water level on my sketch in theory works the same.

Bro, they always have filter sock/ wool right under the flow ah.

That sump will do fine , your water lvl is wrong 1st and second compartment will have the same water level , the last will have less water due to return pump , u can however make all lvl same buy adding in more water till all water level is over the baffle plates.

The last baffle plate can be removed coz it's redundant and will cause stagnant water at the top .

Stairway to Heaven

• SRC Member

That sump will do fine , your water lvl is wrong 1st and second compartment will have the same water level , the last will have less water due to return pump , u can however make all lvl same buy adding in more water till all water level is over the baffle plates.

The last baffle plate can be removed coz it's redundant and will cause stagnant water at the top .

u mean 1st compartment(skimmer) and 2nd compartment(Mech Filter) will have same water level?

but my 2nd compartment was lower... can't be same water level right?

the last baffle at return pump compartment was to prevent tiny bubble. you think it doesn't work?

• SRC Member

2isi8td.jpg

Makes sense now?

the return pump compartment water level will drop only when water evaporate

• SRC Member

Ahhh yes this is correct , water level will drop from evaporation in the last compartment but water level of each compartment will follow the water level from where it flow out .

ok. Now i got it!

Hopefully the upper inlet will flow now. My return pump was rated about 2000L/H

x5o7xs.jpg