i am new to marine

hi bros ,

i am new to marine now keeping 2 clownfish in 2x1x1 tank with a internal built in filter .

i don't know what coral to get ? any suggestion or recommendation ? i just keep only clownfish :) just hope to get a good coral to mix with them

Internal build filter you mean ios?
If you plan to keep coral do get a fan and light.
I dont think you will only keep clownfish HAHAA
But no matter what you keep, best to let your water cycle first. There's here on this forum to teach you cycling process.

Do research on the fish and what size they need. Like blue tang need at least 120 gallon if you plan to get other fish.
Welcome and good luck!

• SRC Supporter

hi bros ,

i am new to marine now keeping 2 clownfish in 2x1x1 tank with a internal built in filter .

i don't know what coral to get ? any suggestion or recommendation ? i just keep only clownfish :) just hope to get a good coral to mix with them

Yeap I don't think you will only keep clownfishes too, esp if u visit LFS often. Lol

There are a few other corals that clownfishes host on, hammer, frogspawn, and some even on Duncans. Anemones are the most common one but there are many types too. So you have to choose carefully.

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

Ur system need to be stable. I have seen beginners start with anemone n clowns and end up crashing the tank often. Hammer, frogspawn n even elegance might be an easier option.

UNCLE JON!!!!! How have u been?? Have not hear from u for a long long long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ops sorry TS!! Anyway with regards to your question cycling is like building a foundation for your tank which is extremely important to get the biological filter(bacterial that naturally helps to handle ammonia nitrite and some nitrite) going strong for a very long time to come. Keeping an anemone is not impossible however a mature tank would be the base requirement to keep it alive alone with other conditions that an anemone required :) although in the wild clown fish mostly host on an anemone but it is not a fish for clownfish to host an anemone to survive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

hi bros ,

Clown fish is my favourite :)