New rules

gdc0910

• SRC Member

The new rules are good but for genuine sellers with less than 100 posts but registered more than a year, it may be too "strict"

Please consider lowering no. of posts with 90 days.

50 would be a good, with restriction to number of posts per period by any members.

Just a suggestion...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • SRC Member

I full agree and support the need to control this forum so that all members can benefit from each others. However, I will suggest relook the rules of 100 posts. For myself, who is new to the club, I am very active reading the posts but may not as active in posting. So, I have yet to clock up 100 posts. As a new member, I also may not as prepared as the senior guys in posting. Currently, I have just upgraded my LED lighting and I have a good used LED light to let go. The objective is not to make money but to pass on something that is still good for someone else who may need it. Trying to have a win-win situation with fellow reefers... But I can't do it now until I clock 100 posts...

In fact, I saw posts that mentioned they are selling for friends. May be their friends are junior reefers like myself who are still on the way to 100 posts. May I suggest moderator creates a new account for new reefers to pm what they may have to sell (with info, details, photos, price, collection) and moderator will decide whether it is a good sale for members and help to post it. The interested buyers can them pm the individual and complete the sale.

I understand this may increase the work load of mod, but for the interests of all, I hope my suggestion can be considered. Well, if it is not feasible, I will just have to try to clock 100 posts asap (One less to go after this post! haha)...      

• Admin

I full agree and support the need to control this forum so that all members can benefit from each others. However, I will suggest relook the rules of 100 posts. For myself, who is new to the club, I am very active reading the posts but may not as active in posting. So, I have yet to clock up 100 posts. As a new member, I also may not as prepared as the senior guys in posting. Currently, I have just upgraded my LED lighting and I have a good used LED light to let go. The objective is not to make money but to pass on something that is still good for someone else who may need it. Trying to have a win-win situation with fellow reefers... But I can't do it now until I clock 100 posts...

In fact, I saw posts that mentioned they are selling for friends. May be their friends are junior reefers like myself who are still on the way to 100 posts. May I suggest moderator creates a new account for new reefers to pm what they may have to sell (with info, details, photos, price, collection) and moderator will decide whether it is a good sale for members and help to post it. The interested buyers can them pm the individual and complete the sale.

I understand this may increase the work load of mod, but for the interests of all, I hope my suggestion can be considered. Well, if it is not feasible, I will just have to try to clock 100 posts asap (One less to go after this post! haha)...      

The initial ideal of the 100 posting rules not only encourage members participation in the forum, but it also helps build up some form of reputation for oneself in the community before dealing with any sales. This was partly due to past incident of members being scam by newbie posting in the forum for a Quick sales scam and some receiving deposit and disappearing after. Although having the minimum posting rules will not help us to eliminate all these bad eggs, but at least they will have to spend some time here before being able to scam. I believe people will be more willing to deal with someone as well whom has already make some posting here rather than a newbie starting out his first topic in the sales thread. 

However, after we re look into the rules again and we feel that it is now time to reduce the minimum posting from 100 to 50 as it will  also benefit others looking for second hand equipment .  

Edited by Singapore Reef Club

• 2 years later...
  • SRC Member
The new rules are good but for genuine sellers with less than 100 posts but registered more than a year, it may be too "strict"

Please consider lowering no. of posts with 90 days.
50 would be a good, with restriction to number of posts per period by any members.

Just a suggestion...

Agree

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Tank Size: 4 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft

Sump: 2.5ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft

Return Pump: Skimz QuietPro 9.0 DC Pump

Chiller: Hailea HS-66A

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect XF230 GYRE PUMP

Lighting: Maxspect R5-300W

Substrate: Caribsea Arag-Alive! Fiji Pink

• 1 month later...