HI all sifus,

Im just touch in marine fish, planing to set up a 2.5 ft marine tank( up down tank), special for clown fish, coral and a piece lion fish.

- where to buy tank?

- how much for all the things?

Please all sifus advice.

• SRC Member

If want keep lionfish should be kept in a predator tank. With other big fishes. Ur tank only 2.5 ft Dun think can keep big fishes.

Also if u want to keep corals best is Dun have lion fish. Cause for corals u gotta put ur hand in often to adjust to feed etc. Very dangerous.

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

• SRC Member

For your tank there are a few tank makers. Iwarna, aquarium artist. Can go visit their sponsor forum they got post pics of the tanks they built.

For the marine shops in singapore can visit the link below

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

You can use this website as a reference. That's how i'm building my tank at the moment. They have info on many species, just that you'll need to find out the scientific name to pinpoint certain species. They actually mix and match different species and give you warning if it's incompatible. I added the link below as an example, looks like most lionfish species need a bigger than 2.5 ft tank. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

http://www.marinecompatibilityguide.com/tank/52a533d5

Edited by tuajia

My suggestion is to grab a tank set from any bros that decomm here in pasa malam. Reason being, its the cheapest and best place to make all your starting mistakes. Once u get familiar, u will know what exactly you want for your next tank.

• Like 1

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

if you know nothing about reef keeping i would strongly recommend going straight to the member's tank & specs thread. alot of bibles there, just choose a veteran's page, be patient and read from page 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

The frequent water change and heavy electricity water bill is something u must prepare for first and foremost.

My personal advice is to start with a nano tank first. There will be mistakes, there will be diseases and there will be deaths. When it comes to restocking, maintenance and upkeep a nano tank is cheaper.

Of course the parameters of a nano tank is not easy to maintain. This is something to take note of.

Start small and try first. If you dont like it, you can remove easily. Imagine a big tank, u r sicked of constant water changes, mounting bills, multiple crashes. Last thing you want is think about how much to spend to remove this headache or go on bleeding more.

Sounds negative but thats just my experience.

You have to hands on yourself and also read online regarding reefing and as time goes by u will understand more & more.Just have more patience,control yourself in LFS don,t buy fishes on impulse.

Well said. Patient is the success of this hobby .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Caution. If you really going to add lion fish, please be careful, not just on the type of other fishes you put in tank may become fish food. But also take care when u place your hand inside tank when rescaping or moving corals around, not to be stung by it. And watch out for any kids that may put their hands into the tank.

Don't forget lion fish is venomous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

HI all sifus,

Im just touch in marine fish, planing to set up a 2.5 ft marine tank( up down tank), special for clown fish, coral and a piece lion fish.

- where to buy tank?

- how much for all the things?

Please all sifus advice.

lion wont stung human for nothing. but the fact is it is not a easy fish to keep especially for a new tank. they dont eat much either and overfeeding can be fatal. introduce a clown same size of a baby lion into tank. feed frozen prawn and let it get used to it, once a day, not more than 2 small pcs. try and you will learn. lion is a beauty. you never try, you will never know. hope to see your new tank up soon  

Start with small but relatively easy species of lion like a volitan. Be prepared to feed life food for awhile at first... till you train it to take pellets. Yes.. pellets, it can be done and i have tried it a couple of times... in the mean while, u can feed it fresh water feeder shrimps which u can purchase at lfs. This shld not b a staple diet as marinefishes wont do well on a fw diet. Try keeping a single lionfish for a start, at least till its pellet trained. I find it easier to train a lion if its on its own.

And dun get stung... trust me... you wont want to. Been there, done that. Hope this helps...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

• SRC Member

Start with small but relatively easy species of lion like a volitan. Be prepared to feed life food for awhile at first... till you train it to take pellets. Yes.. pellets, it can be done and i have tried it a couple of times... in the mean while, u can feed it fresh water feeder shrimps which u can purchase at lfs. This shld not b a staple diet as marinefishes wont do well on a fw diet. Try keeping a single lionfish for a start, at least till its pellet trained. I find it easier to train a lion if its on its own.

And dun get stung... trust me... you wont want to. Been there, done that. Hope this helps...

wow bro lion on pallets? amazing! how long did you managed to train it?

Its takes ard a 2 or 3 weeks to train one... its actually quite easy, but also rely abit of luck too... what i did was to feed the lion fw shrimp gutloaded with pellets about half an hour before i feed them to the lion. And everytime i feed, i drop them at the same spot... so the lion will eventually be waiting at the spot every feeding time... then after a week or so of doing that... i started dropping pellets and shrimp together, then just pellets... with a bit of luck, the lion will chump down the pellets eventually. Its worked for me. Hope this helps

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino