Tank's Story ( Part 2 )

yellowtang

Tank's Story Part 1 was about the beginning. What the tank looked like when I first started. Mainly hard corals, acans being my favourite,and the colourful zoas. Then trouble began when I had an angel, a devil in disguise. With the help of fellow reefers, adopting different warfares strategies, I managed to capture it and present it to Coolguy, without the wrappers and ribbons, of course.

Then the tread went overdrive, and displayed my new found love, the very poisonous sps. It started with a very innocuous visit to a T5 coloured flat in Bedok. I got baited, its no use fighting the dark side. Its happier to be on same side, and continue to poison others.

Can some kind soul put in the link to Tank's Story ( part 1 ) here, for others who have not read, and I think there's quite a few.

Right, what is part 2 about ? Part 2 begins on the dwelling of this hobby. It looks at the funnier side of reefing, the many mistakes we made and continue to making the same mistakes years later. Yes, my tank has all this characteristics. I will post pictures as and when required.

Reefing is a compulsion, addiction drawn interest, one that gives hours of excitement, exhilarating joy and everlasting multiple climax throughout the journey. The reefer often start with fishes,then lps,zoas and finally sps. Its not always this way, some do it the other direction and end up with fishes.

The reefer always challenge the conventional and successfully tested reefing ways. keeping large angels in mixed reef tanks, claiming success just after a few weeks, and the boasts turned to shouts of despair, when the angels took a liking for the corals.

Adding milk and honey as carbon sources to the tanks and attracting ants are reefing stories that will appear every now and then.

( continue next page )

Finally the dragon awakes!!! As per request here's a link of the respectable uncle mikes tank story part 1!! Warning to new reefer this link is more poisonous than anything else. Clock at your own risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reefers also like to "chiong" shipments. sometimes cornering a shipment like police busting an illegal drug shipment." Lets grab these strawberry short cakes" mentality even before the bags are being opened, only to discover back home , that they are actually white berry long kuay, is not an uncommon phenomenal activity. All blue true reefers had have this episode. Only reefers can understand this obsession and their wives would never never come close to 100 ft from understanding it.

Reefing is not about the owner himself. Its his reefing buddies ( or baddies ), the community, ifs that makes up his tank. If a reefer buys a aptisia, ( yes, I know of 1 that bought ), and all his friends didn't tell him, he would probably buy some more. Haha.. I cant help laughing .. pardon me.

So the first part of this story is about a me and what makes me do and keep in my tank till the present. My history is the story of my reef tank. What's in side the tank is actually the inside of my brain, developed by the love of reefing, influenced by reefing buddies and supported by the shipments of lfs.

In due time, I will go into my tank and that's when the story starts....

Stay tune... have a xrazy reefing weekend.

YT

Camping here, awaiting ur new story to begin.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.