A Lazy Man's Tank

Xtrader

• SRC Member
14 hours ago, JMW said:

Check out EvolutionZ's tank thread, he performed a transfer of livestock during rescape.. great details on his thread but the key takeaways are:

seeding the new rock with bac from existing tank either by adding some rocks or filter media from existing tank to your new system during cycling. Also can consider adding some water from existing tank to new.

during transfer minimize the time the rocks are out of the water to minimize bac & other organisms die-off, minimizing ammonia spike & maximizing bac survival so that they can continue doing their 'thing' in your new tank :) 

Thanks for your feedback JMW.

I will check it out!

• SRC Member
2 minutes ago, Jairus said:

lol bro, ur planning not lazy at all!

Haha, my previous tank was absolute carefree, no dosing, hardly water change and maintenance!

Now, my attitude have changed a bit.

To keep good coral you need to put a bit of effort.

Although I won't be a slave to them.

They are suppose to entertain me, not the other way round.

This weekend I'm going to cycle my tank but only have maximum 2 weeks to do so.
And I need to transfer my stocks from the old to the new tank thereafter.
You think is safe to do that?With just 2 weeks of cycle?
Is there any better and safer way to quickly transfer the tank?

May be use starter kit may shorten the process..

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
On 29/03/2017 at 6:58 AM, JMW said:

Check out EvolutionZ's tank thread, he performed a transfer of livestock during rescape.. great details on his thread but the key takeaways are:

seeding the new rock with bac from existing tank either by adding some rocks or filter media from existing tank to your new system during cycling. Also can consider adding some water from existing tank to new.

during transfer minimize the time the rocks are out of the water to minimize bac & other organisms die-off, minimizing ammonia spike & maximizing bac survival so that they can continue doing their 'thing' in your new tank :) 

Thanks JMW, will check it out.

• SRC Member
On 02/04/2017 at 8:23 AM, Patrick said:

Nice rockscape mostly tonga, bro

Oh, I did it wrongly. Now I'm doing some rescape.

My initial scaping is floating at the higher level which is more suited for SPS.

As I'm keeping mostly LPS and softies, I need to scape it lower.

Also, I didn't know that I need to create rocks for the fishes to hide or sleep.

So have to make some changes.

Good thing is that all my rock are not glues, only the main structures are glued.

This is my old scape:

IMG_2815.JPG

This is my new modified scape, will need to find more flat rocks to complete it.

IMG_2848.JPG

• Like 1

• SRC Member
On 03/04/2017 at 7:06 PM, Angel Keeper said:

Very nice!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 03/04/2017 at 10:46 PM, vincegoh said:

Look good emoji6.png

On 02/04/2017 at 8:23 AM, Patrick said:

Nice rockscape mostly tonga, bro