Myanmar LFS

RH8198

Visited a Yangon LFS today and saw a few interesting offering. Thought I'll just share them with you guys.

Saw a very small snowflake moray eel and one very fat, pink starfish that reminds me of Patrick in Spongebob cartoon.

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

Definitely no fight for Singapore. This seems to be the only shop in Yangon according to the guy manning the store and the store is very small. But it seems like if you really want something, they might be able to source just for you. He told me he actually sold 6 baby sharks to some "bigshot" before, for USD300 each!!!

The hammerheads look very small and thin, maybe they are young. apparently from Myanmar sea, so something different than our usual indonesian import.Most of what you can find in Singapore are here anyway. 

As for cost, I think the corals are slightly cheaper, but not that cheap until you will purposely make a trip here to get anything.  And I think there is a cap of 5 pieces, totally not more than 5kg for each pax entering Singapore custom provided the invert/fishes are not on the CITES list.

But I personally never seen the snowflake moray eel and that fat pink starfish before, so I guess if you are lucky, you might be able to find something exotic. But that applies to all other LFS in Singapore as well.

Spongebob is in one of Iwarna's sump tanks now... haha...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

interesting.... im not sure if we need a health cert to import livestock or not, i rmb hearing something abt this... anyway, i think there is a starfish like the pink on in iwarna...

i remember reading on the AVA website, invertebrates like starfish and corals really 5 pc and less than 5kg pax. Today at Changi airport,  i even went up to ask the officer at the "custom declaration" exit on whether i can just take it through. She also not so sure.

so she advise that if i bring anything next round, better to have print out of the webpage or regulations in hand. And better still, the receipt or proof of purchase from whichever shop you bought it from. 

Sorry, did not answer the question. I believe no need health cert, unless you bring in "real animals" like dogs, cats and rabbit which you need go through AVA and quarantine. 

For fishes, the likes of arowana, koi, (high value items), you will need import permit. Do note this import permit is not same as CITES permit, which additionally applies to certain "endangered animals".

if i can find that link, i will post again.

Update: check out under ornamental fish as pets....

http://www.ava.gov.sg/explore-by-sections/pets-and-animals/bringing-animals-into-singapore-exporting/animals

Edited by RH8198

• SRC Member

Sorry, did not answer the question. I believe no need health cert, unless you bring in "real animals" like dogs, cats and rabbit which you need go through AVA and quarantine. 

For fishes, the likes of arowana, koi, (high value items), you will need import permit. Do note this import permit is not same as CITES permit, which additionally applies to certain "endangered animals".

if i can find that link, i will post again.

Update: check out under ornamental fish as pets....

http://www.ava.gov.sg/explore-by-sections/pets-and-animals/bringing-animals-into-singapore-exporting/animals

oh thx! can now go to thailand to get more corals heheh

Be careful. From the wording, it seems that almost all soft corals and invertebrates are safe but for the hard coral and some CITES corals, you may need to check the list of CITES on whether you need to apply for permit.