Hyposalinity for new tank

Hi guys, I am setting up a 3.5ft tank and was thinking to add yellow tang and blue regal tang to my new fish tank. I was thinking since both these fishes are prone to ich, can I do hyposalinity for this 2 fishes in the new tank for 6 weeks and after that, I will start adding live rock and sand to the tank so this will ensure they are completely ich free? I will then add the live rock and from my old tank and add in new live sand. Can I have your views please, thanks.

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

Is this going to be a fowlr or u intend to put corals in the future?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

• SRC Member

Are these two fishes going to be the only fish u will add in ur tank?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Dont think any marine fishes can stay in prolonged 1.008 hyposalinity of more than 30mins. Normally i dip 5 to 10mins of pure fresh water.

Can try with 1.017 water. Learn from AM and TFC maintain their water at that level in their fish only tank. But need ph buffer.

• SRC Member

Dun see the need to do so as ur new tank require cycling too..too low SG can't build up BB..if for FOWLR, can go for 1.015

Btw, are both the only fish  u gg to keep?if not, future adding of new fish might introduce ich too unless QT..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the reply. I am setting up a reef tank with easy to keep soft corals. I will have more fishes in the new tank other than the 2 tangs. I am thinking to convert my previous tank to a quarantine tank but what do u guys need to do when the fishes are under quarantine? Do I need to use copper or hyposalinity for all new fishes in quarantine tank?

Im not sure about other bros, but i would observe for symptoms first before using medications. I believe using medications on healthy fishes are harmful.

I agreed with rayl as well, the best prevention is to boost up the health of the fish with some vit c in their food ect.. just like human being, if we are healthy we don't fall sick or catch a dieases easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, thanks for all your valuable feedback. i have decided not to do this to stress the fishes. Thanks!