OF Hydra stream

timthumb.thumb.jpg.771d822b30fa76a644512

The Ocean Free Stream 3 filter uses "Hydro-Pure" technology to ensure your tank has stable water quality while being environmentally friendly. By filtering through a 3-step process, the Hydra will turn your ammonia, nitrate, nitrite and phosphate into biologically clean water. Suitable for tanks under 2,500 litres.

• Ultra high efficiency
  • Designed for higher water volume capacity
  • Achieve and maintain optimal water quality and enhance your existing water/ filter system with Hydra Technology. Multiple fittings provided for ease of connection (12/16mm & 16/22mm)
  • Stable water quality
  • Environmentally Friendly
  • Chemical-free process
  • Effectively controls nitrite & nitrate by eliminating ammonia with groundbreaking Hydro-Pure technology
  • Compatible with hobby pump and external filter, internal filter, sump tank, top trickle filter and pond applications

Not sure anyone heard of this product before, was recommend to buy this product for a filtration system. I've only use this product for my 2 feet tank and thinking to use it for my up coming 5 ft tank. Reading the pros and cons it was known to replace skimmer.

Personally as a reefer I would have done many research regarding the equipment and there's an old thread about it which consist only 3 posts
http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/topic/120314-review-on-ocean-free-hydra-stream/
I don't wish to revive an old thread asking about his/her experience on it so far on the product.

Any one that use this product before please let reply to this thread to let us know does it do what it say it does? 

Of course myself I would update a review on this base on my 2 feet. >:)
Review are very important to allow reefer like us to know what is efficient and what is cost saving.

Well i'm pretty sure this product is out there for few years surely some of you bro have try it before.
Thanks for reading. 

Cant find online booklet about its function so for those who want know more about it you can hear this old man talking

Edited by Willy Guccivera Yap

Been using hydra stream 3 for my monster comm...6/2.5/2.5 few tank w similar sized sump system...imo it helps, counter measure wp all in a stable and good range..using for a year now, just replaced the cartridges as they have a 12mth usage ...

livestocks...Aros,Rays and Indo Tigers....15 Total...smallest 10in Biggest 28in

• SRC Member
Been using hydra stream 3 for my monster comm...6/2.5/2.5 few tank w similar sized sump system...imo it helps, counter measure wp all in a stable and good range..using for a year now, just replaced the cartridges as they have a 12mth usage ...

livestocks...Aros,Rays and Indo Tigers....15 Total...smallest 10in Biggest 28in

That's good. So far not much good reviews on it from others. Maybe can't be bothered to share any. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've some mix experience with this filter system but i've to say it take one hour to clear my water to sparkling clear (from all the dirt and stuff). I'll find some photo to post in here!
okay found it.

File_000.jpeg

File_001.jpeg

Edited by Willy Guccivera Yap

After install this do we still need to use protein skimmer ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not an easy question to answer but most of us agree that Hydra is most effective when used to supplement your existing system. I'm currently running a Hydra only system but it's more of a trial for me and some bros here.

After install this do we still need to use protein skimmer ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expert will say yes, I would say Yes too (im not expert).

Because Skimmer provide oxygen  (air circulation) and also bring out protein even before it turning into nitrates. 

Lastly skimmer works well with biopellet or any other carbon compound. So i would say yes.

• SRC Member

I also just accquired hydra recently as well.. Will see how it runs and see the progress.. It was been recommended to run with skimmer first than slowly fully switch over if wanted to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

For those who live in landed property or have space, actually can do display tank in toilet..

I think it is the ultimate dream for reefer, can you imagine you doing your business & can stare at the swaying corals & swimming fish?

What????? HAHAHAHA that toilet doesn't even have a bowl what you guys thinking it's more easy to drain water to the hole that's why it's ok the toilet. I'm pretty sure many resident have their fresh water tank in toilet too haha.