Reef friendly lights for 222 tank

• SRC Member

Hi,

I have a 2x2x2 display tank and and want to start adding corals. What lights shall I get?

The LFS suggested me to start with a Beamswork 60. Would it work or I need an special one given the 2 feet depth? 

• SRC Member

you can look out for a 120w model. the Nano 60w will not recommend as maybe not enough for 2ft cube

I have checked on Maxspect website and the 120w Razor is 56cm/22'' length (with legs) and the 160w is 69cm/27'' length (with no legs). So I guess the 120w will be the perfect fit for my tank. Thanks!

• SRC Member

I have checked on Maxspect website and the 120w Razor is 56cm/22'' length (with legs) and the 160w is 69cm/27'' length (with no legs). So I guess the 120w will be the perfect fit for my tank. Thanks!

Yep .. 120w is prefect for 2ft tanks .. happy reefing !

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7714ce1b06996ffb51c72

• 3 weeks later...

I like the Maxspect as the slim profile looks really nice for the tank and I am currently using it. If budget allows, you may want to go for the AI Hydra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I'm also using maxspect razor 120W for my 2x2x2 , perfect fit! Also if you want to venture into corals that requires abit more light and spread , you can retrofit some T5 tubes at the side (I did that with great results so far) . So I guess it's a good buy since its flexible ! Or you can consider the ATI 6 tubes T5 set, it's a safe bet as T5s are proven and I've seen tanks with gorgeous sps-es in it. I think I saw a reefer selling at a good price at pasar malam ! Just sharing some thoughts :)