4 x 2 x 1.5 Tank

tamama

• SRC Member

I think I started a tank thread here some time ago but couldn't find it. Maybe I did not start it at all.

I am usually shy but would like to share some of my reefing experience with all. I want to disclaim that what I state is just personal opinion. It may not be factual as I am fairly new to the hobby relatively and sharing could always help others and myself learn along the way.

Let me start by talking about my tank and cabinet. It is made by ah heng. It is very nice tank overall.  Workmanship for the glass is good but silicone work can be improved. CRA and N30 tanks seem to be very detailed in silicone work. Something for you to check it out. Cabinet wise, ah heng allows me to pick any laminate that I find from the local supplier. Sump design and tank design are well built with help and advice of my reef buddies. Ah heng is quite a nice guy and accomodating. What is best is his pricing and patience. However, recently I made a frag tank but it is not nicely done. It is quite rough with poor silicone work. Anyway, I did not pay a lot and my storage cabinet got modified to be a frag cabinet. Nothing much to say.

My light is from AquaMarin. Best price in town and nice lady May. We always get some promotion here and there to buy the light and light tubes from the store.

Wavemaker is gyre from DE aquatic. Got it from Aquarama with big discount. This is best gadget invented recently I think. It is so elegent and effective.

My CR is Schuran jetstream bought online from overseas shop via my reef buddy. Very reasonable price for such built. I used to dose 2 parts and test CA and KH. Now CR is much more convenient as I only need to test KH. Good for lazy people like me. I bought a CO2 controller online from Taobao weipro and a anz solenoid. It is pretty cheap online. I am using a timer to control the CR operating hours to maintain the balance.

My skimmer is also from AquaMarin. SKimz Monster series. Again unbeatable price and good quality. Previously I was using Deltec. It is a bit more expensive but also very good performing skimmer.

ATO tunze is from Irwarna. I mixed some Kalk in the topup water as advised.

I am running zeovit system with lots of media bacteria king, siporax, bacteria house etc. Colour took a long time to pick up since I started my tank in May15. SSC was having no green for 5 months and now finally showing a bit of green sign. Majority of SPS are pale. After intensive spamming of mysis and pellets, colours finally come back a bit.

20151021101407.jpg

20151021103359.jpg

• SRC Member

Nice!! Please keep the photo comings.. Especially photos of your "Gems"!

Cheers !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Display Tank: 3x2x2 feet (12mm Crystal Glass)

Sump Tank: 2.5 feet with 4 compartments

"Reef Maniac - Ninja: Fish and Coral don't wait for you!"

• SRC Member

I will post some photos in the near future. 

Yes, I am using ATI 8 tubes non-dimmable.

My dosing regime:

Zeostart: 1 to 2 ml per day

Zeofood: 6 drops, twice per week

Zeovit stone: one bag per month

Vitaliser: 5 drops per day

Sponge power: 5 drops a day

Zeobac: 6 drops, twice per week

Zeozym: half a teaspoon a day

Brightwell Potassium: 5ml a week

Brightwell Strontium: 5ml a week

Coraline stimulator: 5ml a day

FM Colour elements: 5ml twice per week

2 iron nails in sump

That is all. Nothing more nothing less.

Edited by tamama

• SRC Member

Ok. Since everyone likes my gonio. Let me post it as the first coral pic.

I got this all bcos of bell. She used to buy lots of lps and especially gonio. I didn't know how to appreciate lps but since I have observed that she kept buying red gonio. Thus i decided to try one small gonio from GO. This is it. Accidentally chanced upon such a nice gonio.

Many ppl asked me how I fragged it as well. Honestly it is by brute force. Hammer and screwdriver.

However, dun try this on ur sps. I did once on my aussie colony. The colony waa broken to 50 pieces. 53bdff2eb838c4d698afcdd54f923767.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Very nice & beautiful tank. Ur regime of putting 2 iron nails in ur sump is unusual but unique.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Ok. Since everyone likes my gonio. Let me post it as the first coral pic.

I got this all bcos of bell. She used to buy lots of lps and especially gonio. I didn't know how to appreciate lps but since I have observed that she kept buying red gonio. Thus i decided to try one small gonio from GO. This is it. Accidentally chanced upon such a nice gonio.

Many ppl asked me how I fragged it as well. Honestly it is by brute force. Hammer and screwdriver.

However, dun try this on ur sps. I did once on my aussie colony. The colony waa broken to 50 pieces. emoji28.png53bdff2eb838c4d698afcdd54f923767.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wow damn nice, any tips for keeping gonios bro?

• ReDDeviLs featured and unfeatured this topic